Nightmare

This story takes place in The Order of The Phoenix. Or does it?

The night before the Hogwarts Express was set to show up at Platform 9 3/4, the order and the returning students were sitting around the dinner table at Grimmauld place. Friendly chatter bounced around the room, except from a few gloomy individuals. Harry Potter scowled at the headmaster. "Harry, you need to stop glaring at him."

"Hermione, he's been avoiding me since I've arrived."

"He showed up at yo-."

A flash of light burst through the room, and when it dissipated, everybody's eyes swiveled to the shaking form of a small child against the wall. Molly Weasley stood, and quickly moved towards it. "Are you okay?"

Then words were spoken that shook Harry to the core. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to buwn bweakfast."

Harry stood, and walked in a daze towards the little boy. Cautious wand tips aimed at the child. Harry motioned Molly back, and knelt down. "What's your name?"

Green eyes looked at him. "Fweak."

He heard gasps of shock from the back of the room, and he knew it would only get worse if he was right about who this was. "How old are you?"

"Old nuff to clean and cook." He replied, sniffling.

"One more question, and all you'll have to say is yes or no okay?"

The little boy nodded. "Okay."

Harry paused, not wanting to ask it, but knowing that he would have to so they could send the boy back to where he belongs. "Are you Harry Potter?"

"Yes."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Harry was staring out of the window in the sitting room, trying to ignore the mumbling from the people seated around the room, waiting for Madame Pomfrey to come in and tell him how his younger self's checkout went. He knew how it would go, he looked about four and a half, and that's when he had to start cooking. He knew that-.

"Harry? Madame Pomfrey's about to tell us how the-."

Harry just hung his head, upset that everbody would know. The first thing that would be mentioned would be the bruises, the broken ribs, if this was the cause of the lack of memories he had of that age, the burns. "I'm listening Hermione."

"Just like your father, ignoring authority figures." Snape sneered.

Harry just clenched his fists and bit his tongue, knowing that it wouldn't make the situation any better.

"Poppy, what did you find?" Dumbledore asked her.

Though Harry couldn't see her, he could hear in her voice she was fighting back tears. "I found that the child has two bruised ribs, and one broken one." Harry could feel the weight of dozens of eyes land on his back, as Poppy was no longer able to contain her tears, letting out a sob. "He's covered in bruises under those baggy clothes, and has scars all over his body." Harry closed his eyes, and felt tears slip through the cracks and down his face. Madame Pomfrey started sobbing, "and the poor boy is almost malnourished and dehydrated to the point that his organs were beginning to fail."