Dance With Me: Backstage with THE PROM - Episode 1

[Intro Music]I just want to dance with youLet the whole world melt awayAnd dance with youWho cares what other people say

[Intro Music]
I just want to dance with you
Let the whole world melt away
And dance with you
Who cares what other people say

Caitlin tied her hair and rolled out of bed. She quickly prepared for the day and made herself presentable before grabbing the vlogging camera that Michelle handed her the other day to start filming behind the scenes with The Prom.

"Good morning everyone, I am Caitlin Kinnunen, I play Emma Nolen in The Prom Musical and this is a part of a mini-series that we are doing called Dance With Me."

She started grabbing some of her stuff on the bed and slinging her bag on her shoulder.

"Mitch asked me to do the first episode so you get to see the behind-the-scenes and see how everything works and stuff. Now come along with me, I have a lot of work to do today, so... follow along and we will see what happens."

Caitlin smiled at the camera before there was an awkward pause.

"Okay bye."

She quickly closed the camera and head out of her apartment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caitlin opened the camera again and started filming herself.

"So, fun annoying fact about me. I warm up on the subway. Uhm, in the morning, whenever I go to a show or rehearsals, I do my fancy dancey vocal warm-up while I am riding the subway. I apologize to anyone who ever sits next to me."

She walked in the subway and awkwardly stood in the corner while doing her vocal warm-ups, looking around to see if she is disturbing anyone.

Once she was at her stop, she hurriedly walked out and started walking the New York street to their rehearsal studio.

"Okay now that I am all warmed up, it's time to go to New 42 Studios here in New York for rehearsals. We're preparing for BroadwayCon in a couple of weeks so Michelle adjusted our schedule for a little bit since she is also rehearsing with Six the Musical, one of her other Broadway shows opening this summer, so we have more breaks than usual."

She walked into the elevator, where she was in with a few of the ensemble cast. She gave them a small smile and they all rode the elevator up to the 7th floor.

Once they were there, they walked out and they could hear the muffled sound of the other company rehearsing.

But now we're one of a kind, no category
oo many years lost in history
We're free to take our crowning glory
For five more minutes

Caitlin turned the camera to the rehearsal door for the smaller rehearsal studio where Six was rehearsing.

"That is where they are rehearsing, right across from ours. They have earlier rehearsal times while we are an hour and a half later so Mitch could concentrate on them for a while before going to us."