S05 E10: Unruly Heart

The morning and afternoon events were... eventful. They had been cooking and eating the whole day that Michelle feels like she's going to have to spend the whole day the next day in the gym to try and get her physic back.

But now, everyone was in the living room, where there is a small make-shift stage and they have a projector that is all set up for something that they prepared for Michelle apparently. 

Michelle looked over and saw that people had some specific groups going on. The twins were with Isabella and Shelby; Addison was hanging out with Christen and Paige a lot, and everyone else would silently call each other and whisper things to each other's ear.

Well, they failed at being silent because Michelle could hear their whispers but they were inaudible.

She didn't like this, being kept in the dark about what was happening. She was never really good at not being kept in the loop. She is used to being on top of everything and everyone telling her things, even if she didn't want to know anything about it.

After a few minutes of setting up, Michelle watched Santana walk up to the make-shift stage. 

"Okay, the moon is up and so the party is really about to begin. So we prepared a few things for our dear Shelly over here."

Michelle rolled her eyes but gave the Latina a smile.

"Before we begin though, we all decided to bring something back. So, everybody knows this, but we used to perform at this amazing club in New York called Feinstein's/54 Below where they had 3 cabaret shows a week and there would be themes each night. The girls and I would do this thing where there were songs written on pieces of paper and we would blindly pick a song and that is what we would perform."

People cheered, suddenly excited for what was happening.

"Since a lot of you missed those New York times where Michelle killed those performances, we decided to bring it here. So Michelle..."

Brittany came over with a fedora hat with a bunch of paper with songs written in it. Michelle's eyebrows rose but she grabbed on nonetheless. 

"What, what is the theme?"

"First round is Sapphic, woman-loving-woman, songs."

Mitch opened the paper and chuckled, nodding her head. Shelby went over to the piano after she made eye contact with Michelle, as Mitch took her place at the center of the stage. She adjusted the mic and cleared her throat.

"I just love being put on the spot, thank you so much, Santana. Nothing has changed."

Santana tips her imaginary hat, making Michelle giggle.

"You're welcome... Shelly."

Christen, who was standing up at the back, decided to sit on the couch beside Lexie who looked like she was about to burst into excitement.

"You look like you're on a sugar high."

"Michelle is amazing at these, I see her be put on the spot all time and she kills it."

Christen hummed and turned to her wife, who was whispering some things to Shalby before making her way back to her original position. 

"This song gets me on a different level, so thank you to whoever put this in the song hat."

She gave Shalby a nod and she started playing the piano.