S06 E02: Mean Girls and Screen Tests

Isabella woke up earlier than usual as she prepared her stuff because after practice, she would be driving back to downtown LA where their family home was to meet up with a few other people and then fly to Jersey for a month for filming.

Making sure that all of the things she was going to need were already prepared, she started putting her luggage at the back of her car so she could just dip right after practice without any problems.

Was she nervous? Hell yeah. This would have to be one of the first times in a long time that she would go and travel for another project aside from training camp. The last project she did was the Marvel movie about a year ago, and that was with Hailee and her Mom. So this would be her first time by herself. Without anyone in the cast that she already knows. 

"Motherfucker," Isabella mumbled under her breath as she dragged her luggage down the stairs. "This apartment has no business having 2 floors."

Wiping the sweat from her forehead, she pulled out her phone from her pocket since it buzzed, signaling someone was calling. She quickly answered it when she noticed it was her Mom calling.

"Hello, you've reached the circus. Which clown are you looking for?"

"You..." Her Mom answered without missing a beat making the younger Press chuckle. "That was a shit line. It backfired so fast."

Shaking her head, she placed the phone between her ear and her shoulder so she could maneuver around her apartment so much easier. "Okay, Imma keep working on that." She put a small box with the label 'Martini' to the side so she would have more space, giving herself a mental note to drop that off at her ex-girlfriend's house, having won custody of the dog they adopted together. "What's up?"

"What's your game plan?" The mother asked, chuckling amused as she heard a string of mumbled profanities on the other end of the phone call when the younger girl accidentally stubbed her toe at the leg of the coffee table. "You okay?"

Isabella huffed, gently rubbing her toe to try and ease some of the pain. "I have a game next week so I'm driving back here but I have the screentest with the rest of the cast and a shit ton of meetings and getting the production schedule."

Michelle hummed from the other side of the call, Isabella could clearly hear her mother thinking. "I have something coming up next week, what day is your game?"

"Wednesday, I think," the younger Press mumbled as she mentally went through her schedule. "And the screentest is tomorrow."

"And you go home around?"

"I think it will just be around the morning time, Bryan told me it won't take long. So I might be home after lunch. Why did you ask?"

Her mother shuffled a little, probably doing the same thing she was doing and multitasking. "The studio is free around Wednesday and they were asking me if you wanted to hold another class there. I think a lot of people miss your classes."

"Sure, I could. Tell Amanda I'm booking it."

"Okay, yeah. You about to leave now?"

Isabella did another mental checklist before nodding in satisfaction. "Yeah. I'm about to head out."

"Okay, drive safe. I'll see you in a little bit."

The older Press ended the call so Isabella put her phone back in her pocket. She looked back at the box where some of Martini's toys were placed and picked it up. "Time to give you back to Hailee." She huffed and shook her head. "Ya-fucking-hoo"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Michelle sat in her office, doctors and nurses could be heard running just outside her door. The call with Isabella made her laugh, reminding her how much she and her eldest daughter are very alike. She was actually shocked that she was able to last this long without accepting any other projects, but she was very happy that she was getting in the groove of things. Finally doing something again outside soccer and school.