S05 E13: Stillness... Just stillness

November 5, 2026

Isabella started pacing the room, a thought in her mind. Something has been bugging her for a while now, but it is something she knows that she and Paige have been avoiding for over a month. They both know that this day would come, but they didn't want it to happen, so they have been avoiding it. 

Paige entered the room and silently sat on the couch, watching her girlfriend go back and forth. Judging by the look on her face, she knew what Isabella was thinking, and judging by the look on Paige's face, she has thought of the same thing.

Noticing the presence in the room, Izzy stopped pacing and sat beside Paige, her hands covering her face as she let out a tired sigh.

"I have always been an open and transparent person, you and I both know that I am too self-aware for my own good and when I feel something, I say it."

Paige nodded her head.

That's how they were, they were open about their feelings and emotions and they were not afraid to confide in each other. This is what keeps their relationship going, stable, safe.

But that's what they were doing. Keeping it safe.

Their relationship felt like still water, not moving forward, not moving backward. It was starting to feel like they were just with each other because that was the safe option. They didn't fight, but they were also not having fun. They were still. They were safe.

The feeling of love turned into nothing. They were just there.

"I'm scared."

Paige tilted her head in thought.

This is Isabella's first-ever real relationship and not even a month later they both moved in with each other. She didn't get the opportunity to date other people like Paige did when she was in high school since the younger girl was homeschooled, and all the people who were romantically linked to her turned out to be kind of assholes, Paige understood what the younger girl felt.

She also understood what needed to happen, they both did.

They were not growing, and if they were they were actually growing apart. With Paige and her streaming schedule and Isabella with her college schedule (and some with work since she is doing more than college work and sports), they barely had time for each other.

Yes, they lived under the same roof, but it felt as though they were alone.

Paige went and geld Isabella's hand, making Izzy look at her.

"How about this, we could think about it further. Not rush into this kind of decision and sleep on it, talk about it further and let it ride until the end of the month. And if the end of the month comes and we still feel that way, we'll come to an end decision."

Isabella stared at her girlfriend in thought, before nodding her head. She leaned over and pulled her in a tight hug, closing her eyes as she and Paige both tried to remember this feeling.

"Whatever happens I want you to remember, that I care about you. You will always have a place in my heart."

Paige closed her eyes and nodded her head, burying her face on the crook of her girlfriend's neck.

"You will also always have a place in my heart."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

November 30, 2026

So, that's what they did. They lived together like nothing happened, went to Michelle's 41st birthday together, thanksgiving, practices, and even streamed together. From the outsider's perspective, everything looked perfect, but the emptiness and the feeling of dread just kept growing for the both of them.