C H A P T E R 3

Winter travelled towards the busy docks of Jesnir. A busy and popular town where people ride boats to other places or trade and buy things overseas or from the sea. Many bells rang as the ships come and go. People walking about as the sea smell hung around the air and the great clocks chime at 12. The townspeople greeted Winter warmly as she wandered through the streets staring at many goods. 

"-costs 10 bucks! These wonderful sea gems only once in a blue moon appears on this store!" a loud voice spoke over the murmuring crowds. People gather around the store staring with wonder at the sea gems the glow fish sheds during winter. The sea gems glowed under the sun. They are a blueish silver colour which is transparent as you can see through them.

"Magnificent, magnificent. One more gem to be sold!" the seller announced. Winter approached him with her 10 bucks in her hand.

"I would like the last sea gem," she spoke. The seller grinned and placed her gem in a small navy blue box engraved with a calligraphy silver writing that spells winter  and putting it in a black drawstring pouch with an engraved infinity symbol.

"Sea gems all sold!" crowds murmured an approval at the seller as they dispersed whilst the seller packed everything up. Winter stayed behind placing the pouch safely into her pocket.

"Sir. Do you know anything about the Chosen Ones?" Winter questioned. The seller tilted his head towards the girl before nodding his head.

"Indeed I do. I've encountered them before. After all, I came from Downsville. I own a house in the secret base. I even wrote a letter of visiting them and accidentally left my candle on when I left. Never dare to set foot back there. After all. Who knows what lurks there," the seller mumbled.

"Oh. You live in there?" Winter asked. The seller looked alarmed yet surprised.

"You went there? Oh no no no. My child. It's very dangerous," he shook his head. Winter mumbled under her breath before facing him again.

"Where are you heading off to?" she asked. The seller hummed in reply.

"Might be going to King Vynx's castle," he nodded closing the chest and putting it in a cart.

"May I come?" Winter questioned. The seller looked at her thoughtfully for a while.

"Hmm. Sure," he agreed. Winter grinned to herself. Clunks and clangs of chests rolling up the ramp. Horns hooted again as other boats rumbled out of the docks. The seller lead Winter into a great big ship that sat with its might as the sun shone down on it. 

"Grand it is, I know," the seller smiled sweetly. Inside the ship was as white as snow. Glittery gold and silver swirls were decorated on the walls. Wine glass were placed on the tables. Everything were clean and tidy.

"Woahhhhh. It's so neat and tidy," Winter looked around with awe. The seller chuckled.

"Of course. It's my grand ship named 'Vella'. Cost around ten thousand bucks," the seller boasted.

"What's your name? I can't keep calling you seller," Winter admired the kitchen. The seller barked a laugh.

"The name's Zed," Zed nodded.

"Mine's Winter. Nice to know you Zed," Winter bowed comically. Zed looked amused and nodded. Soon a click-clack sounds of heels echoed on the wooden floorboard.

"Zeeedddd the Eddddd," a woman's voice sang. Zed chuckled softly.

"In here dear. You are to meet someone," Zed hummed. A wonderful woman appeared from the door. Her brown hair was wisped in a tight bun and her petite figure stood perfectly beside Zed.

"Winter, I would like you to meet my wife Janet. Janet meet Winter, my friend," Zed announced. Janet's eyes widened.

"It's lovely to see you again darling," she cooed. Winter looked slightly confused. The woman looked a bit familiar now when she's closer.

"What.. do you mean?" Winter asked. Janet smiled softly. 

"You don't remember me? I gave you to my village's leader," she hummed softly. Recognition filled Winter. 

"Ohhh. I had a lovely life. Thank you," Winter smiled slightly. Janet clasped her hands together excitedly.

"I made some lunch. Come join us darling," Janet beckoned. Winter smiled uncertainly before following the couple out of the living room to the dining room. Chandeliers hung above her as they sat in the dining room.

"Woah. Fancy," Winter acknowledged the furnitures.

"We basically live here," Zed kissed Janet softly. Winter nodded as she looked around with awe.

"Unbelievable," she murmured. Sweet smell of aroma wafted in the room. Chocolate cupcakes huddled in a plate was placed in front of her.

"Wow. Thanks," Winter smiled. Janet giggled slightly.

"Oh, it's nothing," she smiled eating her cupcake. Winter took a bite from her cake. Splashes of chocolate burst in her mouth. Winter hummed happily whilst Janet and Zed enjoyed the view outside.

"I'm so glad, we have a guest," Janet sighed dreamily. Zed chuckled at his wife's antics and shook his head lovingly.

"It's been so long," he agreed. The ship was steady as they sailed off. Winter helped Janet and Zed with the dishes. Janet switched on her Spotify and played many songs which the three sang along. Finally, the couple showed Winter her room. It was white and lovely with some golden swirls as decoration.

"It isn't much but I hope you like it," Janet beamed nervously. Winter nodded enthusiastically.

"It's spectacular! How could I not like it?" Winter grabbed some clothes Janet summoned for her from the closet.

"Freshen up darling! See you downstairs," Janet smiled happily before bouncing downstairs to greet her husband and the TV. Winter felt refreshed as she stepped out of her room. She walked downstairs leisurely looking around and inspecting many things more closely.

"This ship is amazing. I'm very impressed," she pointed out after greeting the couple on the couch. They laughed softly inviting Winter to sit on the couch to watch TV. Winter felt at peace and adventurous knowing she is about to begin her journey after meeting the past's Chosen Ones.

"What are you thinking about, honey?" Janet asked. Winter turned her head facing Janet.

"My future," she replied. Zed's attention turned to them.

"I am very positive that you have a bright future ahead of you. I hope you will. Let's wish after all the world is not what it used to be," he sighed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. This chapter is done! Frui! (Enjoy!)

1078 words.