C H A P T E R 1 0

Blinding lights shone mercilessly through the window onto the bed where all the children had fallen asleep.

"Ah. Turn off the lights," Loquin mumbled rolling over with a thump. The others shot up to the sound squinting before laughing as Loquin grumbled from the floor.

"Such a nice way to wake up," he muttered with sarcasm dripping from his voice. 

"So tonight, we're going to King Vynx's castle for dinner if you guys haven't forgotten," Francis tilted his gaze to his friends.

"And.....?" Loquin raised a brow. Loira grinned.

"YES! We need outfits to dress properly! We need to go purchasing," Loira brightened. Loquin and Winter huffed in annoyance. Francis rolled his eyes.

"Grow up," he snickered walking out of the room. Loira watched her cousin walk off with a scrutinising gaze.

"In the meantime, you should go and we will get ready for our day out," Loira narrowed her eyes pointedly at her brother who raised his hands in defence before exiting dramatically. Loira turned to Winter who just walked out of the bathroom refreshed. Loira did a double-take before shrugging and muttering to herself walking towards the bathroom.

"I totally did not see you walk in," Loira muttered. Winter shrugged indifferently.

"Anyways, I'm going downstairs. See you there," Winter walked straight out of the room. Loira stared at the door before shaking her head.

"Strange girl,"

~

"Winnie. Are you staring at the boy over there?" Francis asked snapping out Winter out of her staring.

"Huh? What boy- oh that boy," Winter blinked owlishly. Francis laughed softly.

"Were you staring at him?" Loira giggled bouncing on her toes. Loquin scoffed.

"Of course she wasn't. She didn't see the boy, right? Or I might feed him to a megalodon," Loquin turned his intense gaze to Winter who nodded.

"I was staring at the shop," Winter turned her gaze back to the place where she was staring at.

"You wanna go there?" Loquin tilted his head. Winter nodded. Loira stared at another shop longingly. Winter noticed her gaze.

"Yeah. You guys should go ahead. I'll go check out the shop," Winter nodded at her friends who uncertainly left her alone. Winter walked leisurely through the crowd and into the store. The bell rung dully as Winter stepped in. A sweet scent greeted her.

"Hello, hello! Welcome! How can I help you at 'Fragrancia De Precioue Specials'?" a young woman with light blonde hair and brown eyes smiled sweetly at the new customer.

"Hey. I'm just here to check out the shop and maybe buy something when something catches my eyes," Winter smiled slightly shoving her hands in her knee-length black trench coat. The young woman smiled knowingly.

"Okay. Call me whenever you find something you like!" she called over her shoulder as she wandered to another customer. Winter flicked her hair over her shoulder and walked around. Her eyes brightened whenever she sees something shiny and special. Out of nowhere, an unusual girl with white hair and silvery grey eyes walked up to Winter with small smile. Her hair was tied in a dutch braid with braid which was rested on her forehead which stretched from one end to the other.

"Hello Icerya," the girl addressed Winter who stared at her in confusion.

"My name isn't Icerya," she pointed out. The girl giggled lightly.

"I know. When you were very little. You were sent to our orphanage but then sent away because it was unsafe. We named you Icerya as your second middle-name. We couldn't help it. We just happened to name you Icerya because your eye colour was like ice and it was serene to look at and you were found by Ria. Tia then sent you away sneakily before the carers could find out about you," the girl told Winter. Winter's lips quirked up.

"Who's Tia?" she asked. The girl laughed.

"Tia is Ria's twin. The woman who just greeted you was Tia," the girl answered. Winter nodded her head slowly.

"So what happened to the orphanage?" she asked. The girl grinned.

"You are at the orphanage right now.. well the used-to-be orphanage. We changed it to a shop," the girl explained. Winter raised her head and looked around surprised.

"So all of you work here?" she asked. The girl shook her head.

"Most of us. The others didn't make it through their life in the orphanage," the girl spoke sadly. She suddenly turned around alert.

"Well. I got to go now! See ya!" she waved before running off. Winter stared blankly at the empty space where the girl disappeared before realising something. She didn't get her name. Winter frowned a glow of yellow caught her attention. It was a sunflower shaped gem which hung on a lace. Winter carefully picked up the enchanting object and smoothly walked to the area where they purchase. Tia smiled brightly when she saw the object in Winter's hand.

"How much?" Winter asked. Tia smiled softly.

"It'll be 8 bucks," Tia chirped. Winter handed her the money before departing as Tia waved good-bye. Scanning through the bustling street. Winter spotted the shop her friends went in. She pushed the door open to see books dotted area and a counter where some people served tea. She nodded at them in greeting and found her friends in the corner.

"Hi guys," she plopped onto the couch beside Loquin who was sleeping. He jumped up with a start falling off the couch.

"Ouch," he muttered sitting back beside Winter who watched him amused. Winter placed the object in Loira's hands. Loira gasped.

"Oh my gosh! This is the best gift! Thank you soooo much!" Loira exclaimed tying the lace around her wrist. She stretched out her hand and allowed the sunlight to shine on the gem which made it glow warmly. 

"We should go now. It's getting bustlier," Loquin injected. Francis rolled his eyes.

"It's not a word," he spoke boredly.

"Well.. it is now since I made it up," Loquin chirped.

"Just like Emilia," Loira laughed.

"Hey! She's awesome," Loquin protested in defence.

"Of course she is," Francis spoke off-handedly. The group stood up placing the books away and walked out. As they walked through the crowds, Loquin clasped his hand lightly on Winter's wrist tugging her gently aside. Winter stared at him curiously. 

"I- Um.. Got you a book I think you would like to read," Loquin shifted awkwardly taking out a book and handing it to Winter. A soft pink blush appeared on his face as he watched her nervously. Winter's face brightened.

"The Book Of Secrets! All in one!" Winter's eyes lit up. She tackled Loquin in a hug which he returned. 

"Thank you so much! How'd you get it? It's super duper rare," Winter rested her chin on Loquin's shoulder. Now much closer, he was half a head taller than her.

"I have my ways," Loquin blushed looking away.

"Ooh. Mysteries. Lol. What'd you receive from Francis?" Winter asked. Loquin slowly broke away from the hug lacing his fingers in Winter's. Winter spotted the ring on his middle finger. 

"Wow," she brought their laced fingers close and brushed her fingers lightly on the ring. Loquin blushed more.

"Yeah.. Loira got Francis ring as well. She wanted us to have matching rings," Loquin explained. Suddenly, the two of them heard a sound and they turned their heads towards the voice. It was Loira waving at them to hurry up.

"We better catch up with the others," Loquin tugged lightly before the two walked towards the friends.

"Now. We'll go and get ready for tonight!" Loira cheered leading her friends.

"Did she eat sand?" Loquin asked swinging his and Winter's entwined hands. Francis rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. A ring was rested on his pinkie.

"You wish,"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I've done Chapter 10! Hope you enjoyed!

1308 words.