C H A P T E R 1 4

"Stupid brat. Blowing my covers away. Always slaves," they muttered with rage narrowing their eyes at the new slave who is spying at the castle.

"What else is there to say?" they demanded. The slave quivered slightly and bowed his head.

"Nothing more, Master," he replied as confidently as he can. The master scoffed shaking his head slowly before dismissing his slave who ran off relieved to be out of his master's presence. 

"I'll come and get you. Then take over the world with the goblet," they sneered.

-

(During The Ride):

"How is Layla and Jace still alive?" Francis muttered furrowing his brows.

"Shouldn't Layla have died in the war?" Winter questioned. Alexandra stared at the ground far below as Andromeda flew swiftly towards their destination.

"Jace must've rescued her... He was hiding in the shadows the whole time," Alexandra replied looking up and turned to Rivere who was playing with his ring absentmindedly.

"Huh. Why though?" Rivere tuned into the conversation. Francis crossed his arms in questioning.

"He might be thinking up a way to strike.." Alexandra answered thoughtfully. Soon, the view of tall trees came into view. The youngsters squinted their eyes trying to see the house.

"I can barely see anything!" Rivere exclaimed. Alexandra laughed.

"It's basically blending into the surroundings," Alexandra explained just as they are landing.

-

"Welcome! Welcome!" Emilia opened the door welcoming Alexandra and her three students. Hydra smiled when she saw Winter and tugged her towards the living room. They met with a sight of Sylvynir lying on the couch waiting for Hydra to return, Emeral sitting on the floor on top of a cushion near the round glass table with Angelique resting his chin on her shoulder and Jaden with his legs crossed on a sofa near the window of the treehouse. Fox happily curled around Emilia just as she plopped onto the couch relaxing slightly. 

"We have received some news," Jaden spoke seriously. Alexandra nodded at the three young teens to sit down, watching them plop onto a random couch in the living room.

"What's the news," she questioned folding her arms. Jaden's eyes flickered around the room looking wary.

"Hawk has reported back," he informed. Alexandra's bobbed her head slowly.

"What did he say?" she questioned. A short exchanged glances were shared between Angelique and Emeral. 

"A city is under attack of Pesks," Angelique replied quietly. Rivere dropped his head twisting his ring nervously.

"Pesks. What is it that they want?" Francis spoke. Everyone looked around.

"No-eye-deer. I need to buy more eye-deers to really know. You know," Emilia broke the silence. Sylvynir raised his brows at her with a 'really? Is that serious right now?' look on his face. Emilia raised her hands in surrender.

"It's serious! If I bought eye-deers. Then we might have many eye-deers to what the Pesks want!" Emilia protested. Emeral snickered.

"True, true," Rivere immediately agreed earning a smack from Francis.

"The report, Hawk brought back is that the Pesks live in the outskirts of the city. In the old barn located in the fallen village named Phealleriel. We need to go and investigate that area," Jaden stated calmly. The others stood up in protest.