Chapter Seven- A Walk

His brows furrowed and his hands made their way behind him in a clasp as he stood firm and tall.

"I beg your pardon miss, I didn't mean to offend you," He says in an attempted empathetic tone. It sounded like an extremely out of practice attempt. Vampires aren't naturally nice in my opinion. They thrived off fear and the hate of others. It fueled their very existence, being adored did not yield much power as fear did.

I nodded in acknowledgement and was about to walk away when I sensed him following me. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at the unnaturally handsome creature. I do not know why, but his presence annoyed me to the core.

"Is there something you need?" I ask bluntly.

He bit into his bottom lip and a glint appeared in his eyes. What did this guy want?

"Surely, you must know that you are incredibly beautiful A'Miza, it is far too obvious that I am trying to get a moment of your time," He smiled. His words made me blush, but I quickly gathered myself.

"Thank you," I reply plainly, "What is your name, sir?"

His brows crinkled at my address.

"The 'sir' is off putting to be frank, I am very old, but you can't tell with my dashing features," He smiles arrogantly, but I could also tell this was his line of humour, "It's Iminan."

Iminan and Zurich? So, vampire's enjoy naming their children the most pretentious of names too. I am learning.

"I'd like to take a walk with you," He smiles...it was infectious. "I give you my word that I do not intend to do anything but talk-"

"And I should trust your word on what grounds? I do not even know you!" My brows are knitted tightly.

"You won't get to know me, if you do not give it a chance,"He shrugs. "As a matter of fact I'd say you owe me one after coming to yours and Zurich's aid the night he almost started a war after saving you,"

I was at a loss. Indeed they did save me, and I did hear Iminan be the voice of reason to Zurich in this time of fury. I wondered if that truly meant I owed him though? I'm leaning towards a strong no, and yet I found myself walking toward him. I figured if they came to my aid and defense like that back then, I could trust him this once. If I die it'd serve me right! We all know who dies first in the horror movies, yet here I am!

As we walked outside, the cool breeze hit my bare back and I shuddered. Damn you Giera! In that instant I felt a warm cover weighing down my shoulders and warming me. I looked to my side to see Iminan putting his jacket over my shoulders. It was a kind act, but it felt strange. I smiled faintly at him. The night was oddly quiet in comparison to the party we've just left and the silence between us was even more deafening when I remember that just two minutes ago I could barely hear myself think. The voices too, have quieted a fair amount to only the occasional whisper. I was glad about that at the very least.

I looked up at the night sky. It was a beautiful night.

"Still no match for you,"he says as he looks up at the sky with me. I do not pay him any attention.

"Do all vampires flatter women in this way? With the cheesy lines and frequent compliments?" I smirk looking at him now. He looks at me bemused.

"Has Zurich ever flattered you?" He smirked back with a darkened gaze. I feel my spine roll into a straightened position as I gaped at him. He smirks, "I take it he hasn't, so that alone should answer your question."

I-

They are all so freaking rude!

"Did you bring me out here to demonstrate how truly ostentatious vampire's are-"