Chapter Twelve: Little pest!

A'Miza

I've never seen chaos of this magnitude in all of my 24 years. I can't even put into words all the shit that has happened. I watched from the balcony of the Gerarld's balcony that was so high I could see Winone in the distance. A raging fire lit it all so brightly, I could see it all so clearly. A week I've been stuck in the house with sneaky Naforah, the all of a sudden very quiet prince and recently arrived, charming Iminan. Emile left once he gave Zurich his message.

From what I understand just before Zurich flew off the handle and punched a hole in the wall beside him at the entry. He was livid. Apparently, the ever adventuresome prince and the ever-charming Naforah had an affair and Alexander, affectionately called in our textbooks at school "Lord of fire"- who is Naforah's husband, by the way, is out to have his head. I wonder if that's why Winone has caught ablaze? King Maaldamir is to be back soon, Zurich says. I'm not sure what started the fire at Winone, all I know is that I'm not allowed to leave. Iminan is certain Emile is loyal to his brother through and through and although he did warn the Prince as a move of honour, he wouldn't think twice about telling Alexander of the Maleficus he came and saw sitting in the great house as a guest--and not something to fuck.

Ironic how he came on campus to get me due to having a vision of me in danger and it was me coming here that has put me at risk.

I let out a heavy, sharp sigh.

Odd though, how I have not heard a single voice in my ear since I've been inside this house after the news broke. I wouldn't say I'm being held, prisoner. My room is nice and big, I just bought my phone with me and the prince got his aids to buy me all new clothes. My average dressing of Jeans and cute tops and the occasional pullovers were all too easy to find. The TV has been stuck on 90s rom-com movies that I've always loved to watch. Luckily the modern vampire actually cares for TV it seems. I wonder what they watch? And when they watch how human's think they look and speak...and think-do they get offended? Are they amused? I'd be remiss to say that most of those depictions are way off. But what can we expect from humans? They don't even believe any of us are real.

I slump down in bed.

Even with all these luxuries my heart still felt heavy. My mind is filled with strange thoughts and uneasiness in my stomach that I can't get rid of. It feels like something is constantly gripping my intestines with a vice grip, then letting go slowly. It's an odd feeling.

"So, you want to know what's going on, I bet," I hear as soon as I'm about to shut my eyes

"So, you want to know what's going on, I bet," I hear as soon as I'm about to shut my eyes. Naforah...

I don't look towards the balcony where I heard her voice come in from. Okay, that's it...all vampires are rude and personal space? I don't believe they know the meaning of the words! Especially not Naforah who I've been steadily avoiding. I looked over to see her leaning against the balcony door playing with a blade in her hand. I looked her up and down quickly and saw she was wearing a skin-tight, black leather dress with a deep cut down the cleavage. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and her at this point signature red lipstick.