Chapter Thirty-Nine- Tales and Surprises.

Maaldamir

It's begun.

The war we'd hoped was over with the peace treaty.

The one we knew was going to be reignited once news of a Duomala being borned from the woman meant to wipe out Imperiumites was coming. The Duomala would be a threat to us all, so they've made it their reason for a fight. So, they say. But we know it's a melting pot of reasons- hate, jealousy, power...

We knew they wanted her dead... not only because she could now be used against them, but because the child could be used, too.

My Maleficus' found out something Zurich is yet to know...and I cannot bring myself to tell my son. Not when I know how he feels about the Maleficus and his child...not when we have a war happening here today. I can't risk his head not being on right...

Especially not while my daughter is in Siane's care-well care may be a stretch.

The child is in fact a Duomala. The mother, A'Miza is in fact dying, not dead. The prophecy says the mother of the Duomala would be dead and undead. She is going to die. She'd been dying ever since she chose not to kill us all. The R.M's say she's a dead woman walking...can't be saved, and the child will be born.

It was a hard pill even for me to swallow.

"We stand here, united as many houses, factions, groups, race, class or even religion," Zurich announced as he stood atop the wall of Imperium, with both his hands behind his back shirtless as usual. "We are united as Imperiumites!"

"Yes!" The crowd echoes. The supporters stretched so far into the woods you couldn't see half of them.

I've given the king's welcome before our army of thousands,earlier. Our numbers have doubled since this war has been brewing for so long. The failed Orematu was practice...and was rushed to be fair. Everyone from Europe, the Caribbean- worldwide, has come to support and fight this attempt to overthrow. It was a majestic sight. Kilomel Jakaar and Jonathan Embry stood by side as allies who never flipped. I appreciated them greatly for this loyalty. It's been good. I hope today we fight and come out victorious for all our families' sake.

"Now, listen to me Imperiumites, this is not a game, most of you have never had to fight a battle in all your years. But, war is still common, a Donatus war on the other hand hasn't been fought since the overthrowing of the former King Vladimir," Hmmm. Funnily enough, when I decapitated the old dictator, I never thought Karma would come. I believed we freed the people I thought all was well, not perfect but well. "We bring back war and we fight today, because we have declared a bloody, merciless vendetta on those who seek to dethrone our King, to take power that does not belong to them under the guise of justice!"

"Those little shits had it coming," Castile scoffed from the crowd. The people laughed. Zurich smirked.

"Indeed, Castile, the little shits, had it coming- especially now that they have the princess!"

The crowd started to whisper amongst themself in anger.

They all seemed upset at her inopportune kidnap. The child could be so stubborn. This was inevitable.

"But, we have one of theirs!" Zurich announces as he jumpers from the ten-foot-high wall and lands on the plush grass. I looked at my son and saw the best of me...and the worst of me, but most of all the best of his mother, who was all good. He just... he cannot handle pain. Her death was how I knew. Nine hundred years later and he just couldn't stop hurting. So he killed, ruthlessly. And he doesn't forgive... or forget. You never wrong him twice.

Watching his eyes burn now like the embers from a wildfire, I experienced for the first time...Fear for him. That if he doesn't die out there on that field in this war...