Chapter Forty-Six- A Second Chance

Zurich

The room isn't silent anymore.

I'm laid up in bed, naked beside her. We've had a rather...eventful sixteen hours. I watched her sleep and listened to her beating heart next to me. It was strange to hear the room so full of...life. She was back, and she was real. I won't say I'm not very surprised and impressed with the witches. They are very inferior to us in strength, but...they've gained a new level of respect from me. A'Miza died In this very room, her grave just outside. Yet, she was here. I remember the second her heart stopped beating. I remember how devastating it was. How quiet the room became.

"Stop staring at me," she croaked with her eyes still closed. I smiled and brushed my hand across her cheek. "Old habits, my little Rabbit. You're too beautiful not to look at."

She smiled,

"I haven't heard that name in a long time." She opened her eyes and lay on her stomach, facing me. I couldn't contain my joy, my smile was all too eager to make an appearance on my face. Even smiling this much is strange!

"I have so many questions, Mr Gerarld," she groaned through a smile, looking over at me.

"Ask me anything,"

Her brown eyes sparkled at me. Was she always this beautiful? Damn.

"What am I doing here?" She bit into her bottom lip and she propped her head up on her hand and looked down at me with curiosity and mischief in her eyes.

How exactly do I answer this? A'Miza's worrisome personality and her tendency to be argumentative, certainly meant that whatever my answer is will determine her mood for a while. And even knowing that...I won't lie to her. I can't.

"I made a deal with the Michelin woman in the ancestral realm," I smirked, continuing my strokes of her cheek. Her brows dropped and her face went blank. Oh. This is the reaction I knew would come, but I got this. I kept my smile on my face.

"She wanted someone handled in exchange for you," I shrugged, "I understood the risks and I also understand why she made me kill that specific person, and I don't need you to worry about it."

"Kill a person?" She was shocked. My brows furrowed. What does she think to handle means? Her heart rate went up. I forgot how much her heart rate would go up and down and how it used to bother me.

"Zurich, who was it?" She was breathy now, panting. No...

"A'Miza, please—"

"Zurich, you please," She sighed as she now began stroking my cheek. Her eyes never leave mine. I can't lie to her...

"My love, please relax, it was a deal to kill the king of the Russian Donatus."

Her eyes widened as she sat up with the sheets covering her breasts.

Yup. She's worried.

"Hey, I don't need you questioning the things I know you are," I sighed, holding her hand and kissing her fingers. Suddenly, an unwanted memory entered my mind. The day she died. I shook the memory from my head and forced a smile. "Now, I love you, and anyone who had to die for me to get you back was gonna die."

"Zurich, but this is obviously a trap!" She's panicked, "she made you basically commit suicide!"

Chapter

"No, no, I've got this A'Miza, please relax."

"No, Z!" She sighed, "No, because our daughter is now in danger!"

She got up from the bed and stormed off into the bathroom. Shit!

"A'Miza!" I ran after her, but she managed to close the door behind her with her powers. Shit!