8| The Greenhouse

_____________________The sun was blazing high in the sky and Serena's mind was wrapped around her upcoming afternoon plans

The sun was blazing high in the sky and Serena's mind was wrapped around her upcoming afternoon plans. She was dreading mostly every part that had to do with Connor but excited to see this mystery greenhouse.

After living here for years she had never noticed it back there. Her curiosity would be the death of her.

She sat at her desk fumbling her fingers over her keyboard, trying to create words and scenes and finish her pages before her editor finished her. Her deadline was slowly creeping up on her and Serena was crawling in progress.

Alas, all she could think about was her meeting with that pain in her ass of hers.

A couple hours passed and Serena managed to finish up the chapter, smiling at her fluorescent screen and stamping a period triumphantly at the end of her sentence; satisfied with how this chapter turned out.

Only eight more to finish though...

She glanced over at her clock and saw the time, 12:16 pm.

She shot up from her desk instantly and ran out of her office. She definitely should have set an alarm but when the words flow, the words flow.

She ran up the stairs, her clumsy legs nearly missing every step. Serena ran into her room and ripped out whatever clothes she could find, she just knew if she was even a minute late Connor would give her hell for his own twisted gain.

And she really didn't want to deal with that.

She ripped open her dresser drawer finding only one pair of jean shorts she never wore because of how little they looked on her, she never felt comfortable in that. This is what she got for forgetting laundry day.

Serena groaned, "fuck," and grabbed the shorts. She jumped into them while simultaneously trying to wiggle into an old white high school volleyball t-shirt that was three sizes to big for her.

Nevertheless, she jumped into her gardening boots and ran down the stairs while tying up her long brown locks.

After she grabbed her gardening tools, she was out the door by 12:28, and jogging towards his backyard.

She panted slightly, not used to that much physical activity. Serena walked up to the entrance of Connors pool, knocking on the gate.

After a moment the gate swung open and Connor, very slowly, looked her up and down before bursting into laughter.

It was then that Serena actually looked down at herself. The t-shirt hung way down past her shorts, making her look ridiculous and stumpy with her bright green rubber boots.

"My my," Connor smirked and leaned his arm against the gate, "you didn't have to get all dressed up."

Serena blushed a soft shade of pink and glared at him before shoving the bucket of tools into his chest and walking past him into the pool area. She was already regretting her decision.