#9 That day...

WELCOME BACK SIDNEETIANS!!
CHAPTER:9
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

A vote and your opinion at end as well as in between would be appreciated... Thank You:)

**Author's POV**

She looked here and there and then towards the floor in embarrassment...

**The day that changed everything**

After she went inside her apartment in anger (Chapter:5- Tension in the air) her dad followed her...
.
A's Dad: Is this the way you talk to me?

Neet: Is this the way you talk to your daughter's boy?

A's Dad: You date a boy of standard, not some poor boy who studies at scholarship and work as a waiter...

Neet: Why does his bank balance even matters... I like him and he likes me back, why can't you be happy with that?

A's Dad: Money is the only thing that matters... I do not want to see my daughter dating a guy like him...

Neet: It is not 1950, I do not need your permission, you do not control me...

A's Dad: Right, I do not control you but I control The Nandra Enterprizes; So, Miss Avneet Kaur you are officially off the list to become the next CEO of New York branch...

Neet: WHAT? WHAT? You cannot do that... It's my birth right...

A's Dad: It is not... I decide who will be next CEO and I don't remember making any contract with you...

Neet: You promised me... I was always supposed to be CEO of NYC branch... That is the reason I study business and management... That is the reason of me entering to every leadership-based workshop ever...

A's Dad: Your loss, I guess...

Neet: Dad... please... don't do this to me... You know how important this is for me... You know how important my career is for me...

A's Dad: Then stay away from that boy...

Neet: Fine, I will... I will never ever see his face again...

A's Dad: How can I trust you?

Neet: What?

A's Dad: How can I trust that you will stay away from that guy and for that matter any guy like him...

Neet: Dad...I said I will and unlike you, I am the man of my words...

A's Dad: I don't trust you; I don't trust you even a bit... God knows what you will do behind my back in New York, What kind of man you will sleep -

Neet: DAD...
.
She yells being extremely hurt by her dad's words...
.
Neet: I didn't know that you think this low of me...

A's Dad: You compelled me to think this low of you... Woman are expected to marry a rich man- a man who can give them a luxurious life and help their father to expand their business...

Neet: I can give myself a luxurious life, I can help you expand your business... Just trust me and give me a fair chance like you gave to bhai (Jai)...

A's Dad: I can't trust you but I do want to give you a fair chance but I have a condition...

Neet: What condition?

A's Dad: Get engaged with a man of my choice... Like this I won't be worries about you getting involved with a man of lower status...

Neet: What? I am just 21 and you want me to get married...

A's Dad: I didn't say the word marriage just get engaged... And then I will provide you freedom you wished for...

Neet: Freedom as such no more controlling my life or asking questions about where I am and with whom...

A's Dad: Yes...

Neet (in mind): Not a bad idea... I can get my freedom and till the time I am ready to get married... I mean I know I am risking my whole life for New York but being a CEO has always been my priority and will always be my priority... Plus my dad will never allow me to sit ideal after marriage... I surely will be working after getting married... And if I did a decent job at New York then who knows I would still run it after the marriage and even if not, I will have my husband's company... I anyways must marry the man my father wants me to marry and getting freedom is a bonus... Maybe I should agree... Or should I put a little more thought into it?

A's Dad: The clock is ticking... You only have 30 seconds left...

Neet: What?

A's Dad: 25 now...

Neet: You can't do that... I need time to think...

A's Dad: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4,3-

Neet: Wait, wait yes... okay I agree... I will take the offer...

A's Dad: Good and start packing we have a flight back to Punjab in an hour and yes, you are getting engaged tonight and after exactly 2 years you will be marry the man who will spend your rest of life with...

Neet: What? An hour? Tonight? Just two years?
.
And he left without bothering to answer her and she sighed in defeat, regretting her decision hard... Her father planned this before coming here, in fact a long time before Siddharth came into picture and she being a fool fell into his plan...
.
Neet: Cheers Avneet! You have finally proved how big fool you are... Now enjoy your two years of so-called freedom...
.
She said aloud and walked to her to pack... Unfortunately, it is India and your parents wants, opinion, point of view matters... She cannot even dare to go against her father's wish, no matter how unreasonable it is... Plus, she is young and immature... She didn't realize how big mistake she did make... Today, she only cares about her career... Something she has dreamt of since she was 6 ... Love and marriage are two topics she never bothered about... Yes, she has a fair number of boyfriends but she never thought about getting married anyone... Because for her it didn't matter... Only thing she knew was that she doesn't want to be a stay-at-home spouse like her mother instead she wants to take in charge of the house and take part in major decision making and get the respect her mother didn't get... But for the future Avneet, the two years later one... Love and friends started to matter... She realized that the condition of her mother was not because she didn't go to work but because her dad doesn't love her enough to respect her and consider her an important member of the family... Now she wants love... She wants to marry the man whom she loves along with being a businessperson... But unfortunately, you can't undo the mistakes your past self has made...

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

They reached their home Jalandhar, where the preparations of her engagement are going on with full excitement... She was welcomed by her mom-who looked extra cheerful today, with dhol (drum) and mithai (sweets)... She hugged her and feed her, her favorite Kaju Katli...
.
A's Mom: Congratulations my Jaan, I am so happy for you...
.
And she gave her a fake smile knowing that she has no idea about the deal and how she is forced to do this... Looks like she is helpless and must marry the guy she didn't even know the name of yet...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
EOC

How was the chapter??

Sorry for disappearing, will try to be active now...

Okay chalo byee...