#15 Dinner *awkward/stressful*

WELCOME BACK SIDNEETIANS!!
CHAPTER:15
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

*Author's POV*

Neet: Sat shri Akaal uncle, Sat shri Akaal papa... 

Suhan: Sat shri Akaal, Sat shri Akaal...
.
And he touched their feet...
.
Suhan: Papa, this is Gurmeet; he is friend of mine from New York... Gurmeet, this is my dad and this is Avneet's dad... 

Sid/Gurmeet: Sat shri Akaal, Sat shri Akaal... (Will use Gurmeet instead of Sid from now)

SuD: Sat shri Akaal putaar (son)...

Suhan: He is here for the wedding... 

SuD: Good, good; now, let's go we all are having dinner at my place... 
.
And with that everybody started to walk towards the car, when Gurmeet being the gentleman took Avneet's bags... But before he could do so her father stopped him...
.
A's dad: Driver will take care of these...
.
He said glaring at Gurmeet, in return of which he nodded and walked towards the car leaving A's dad behind, who stopped Avneet to talk...
.
A's dad: Why were you in Paris?

Neet: Like I told your earlier, me and Suhan we planned it...

A's dad: I am not Suhan's dad, you can't fool me... There is no way you wanted to spend time with him... Tell me the truth...

Neet: We coincidently bumped into each other at a bar in Paris and I went to Paris to run away from this marriage...

A's dad: With whom?

Neet: I said run from elope, dad... Trust me here...

A's dad: And what is the scene with Suhan's friend?

Neet: What about him?

A's dad: Is he really his friend or is something fishy going on?

Neet: C'mon dad stop being a sus all the time...

A's dad: I know when there is something going on, don't hide from me...

Neet: I am not hiding anything... He is not my friend, he is Suhan's... So, go and ask him, not me... Now, excuse me we don't want to make bad impression in front of my in-laws, do we?
.
And she excused herself to the car... The rest of the journey till home went peacefully... They all (SuD, A's da, Neet, Suhan, Gurmeet, SuM, then again  SuD) sat down and started having food...
.
SuD: What do you do in New York, Gurmeet?

Gurmeet: I am completing my degree...

A's dad: Then how come you and Suhan became friends?

Suhan: He is also doing internship in our company, very hardworking guy... We met a couple of times and instantly clicked... 

A's dad: That is very kind of you to be friends with your employee...

Suhan: Thank You, he is a good one...

SuD: And what does your father do there?

Gurmeet: He-he owns a store...

A's dad: You don't help your father?

Neet (whispers): Dad...

A's dad (whispers back): What he is strange...

Gurmeet: No, the store isn't big enough to need my help, we-we aren't rich... I get paid for internship, so, it helps...

SuD: Do you speak Punjabi?

Gurmeet: No, born and bought in New York, it's my first time in India...

Suhan: Okay guys enough of questions, let's eat and get to bed, I am sure Gurmeet is very tired...
.
With that dad(s) left poor Gurmeet alone, and had their dinner in peace but that wasn't the end our Neet had something mischievous in her mind, she removed her shoe and placed her foot on Gurmeet's, she then looked at him and saw absolutely no change in his expression... 'He is good at it' she thought before travelling her foot higher, when Suhan coughed, but she ignored him and went up even higher, only to hear him cough again... She looked at him and saw him getting all red...
.
SuM: Looks like Paris was real fun for both of you...
.
She said looking under the table, Neet made a confused face and looked under the table only to see her foot on Suhan's lap, she palmed her face, and tried to control her face going all red...
.
SuD: What do you mean?

SuM: Nothing, they just look more comfortable than before...

Suhan: Yup, we are...
.
He said trying to cover up as Neet couldn't have courage to bring her face up... She looked at Gurmeet without lifting her face and found him looking at her, trying to control his laughter... And she simply kicked his leg, fortunately the right one this time; but he didn't feel a thing as he is football player and he has a strong shin, so it was Neet's foot that got hurt...

Like that they had their dinner and then it was time for Avneet and her dad to go home but before she could go, Suhan's mother stopped her...
.
Neet: Yes, aunty...

A's dad: Avneet, I am going home, you can come later... (they are neighbors)

Neet: Okay dad...
.
And he left...
.
SuM: I don't know if you know but you have your haldi ceremony in the morning and after that you and Suhan would not be allowed to see each other... And that is why if you want to spend a little time tonight or tomorrow before the ceremony feel free to demand it, you mom and I, we will manage something...

Neet: Thank You, but I will just go home and rest for today... I am really tired from all the travelling and we don't want any dark circles from tomorrow, right?

SuM: Right, so bye then, Suhan will walk you home... 

Neet: No, it's oka-

SuM (yells): SUHAN... 

Suhan: Yes, mom... Ohh hi Avneet, you still here?

SuM: She is just leaving, why don't you walk her home?

Suhan: Ya, sure... Come Avneet...
.
And they walked to her home...
.
Neet: Thank you for covering up for Siddarth today, I really appreciate it...

Suhan: It's okay, he is my friend too now... 

Neet: Here is my home, bye...

Suhan: Bye... 
.
And he left and she walked inside... 

*2 HOURS LATER*

Neet was coming down from the terrace when he saw Jai just coming back home...
.
Neet: Hello brother, what were you doing out till this late?

Jai: I could ask you the same question, what were you doing on the terrace this late?
.
And that's how they both asked each other the question they do not have answers for...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
EOC

So how was the chapter?

I know I have updated very late but first I had my farewell and now I might have Covid, so, don't expect quick updates...

Okay byee...