#10 Goodbye

WELCOME BACK SIDNEETIANS!!
CHAPTER:10
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

*

*Author's POV**

Jai: Congratulations little sister...
.
Jai wished as he crossed her in the hallway...
.
Neet: How come I get to marry before you?
.
She yelled but Jai ignored her and continued walking... Jai and Neet they are not the best of friends... They usually have different perspectives about life and thus have disagreements here and there... Jai is more of looking the world with his dad's eyes... What is right for his dad; it is right for him while Neet is making her own vision and taking decision according to what is right morally, even if that leads to her making mistakes... Also, Jai is very protective towards her and thus sometimes restrict her freedom, which she hates... Neither less, they love each other as a normal brother-sister does...
.
Neet: Lucky Bastard...
.
She mumbles as she entered her room... As soon as she entered her room, she clashed on the bed... She was exhausted; not physically but mentally... She was trying hard to think of a way to cancel this engagement... Even if she always knew that it was her fate... She must marry a man of her parents' choice... In the society she lives in, she has been told to respect her parents and their decisions and agree to them at any cost... In India, be a boy or a girl; we are considered as our parents' property... We are assumed to not have a mind of our own... Harsh but true... Recently, I heard of a girl getting married as soon as her college ended; just because she didn't have a plan of what to do next... Her parents were like- ever in doubt of what do to next, get married... And I won't be surprised if this is the case with many other girls... Anyways, before she could get some sleep; her phone beeped... It was a message from the one and only Siddharth Nigam... She breathes audibly before checking the message...
.
Sid: <Hi>

Neet: <Hi>

Sid: <I wanted to apologize for speaking to your dad like that... I am really sensible when it comes to my self-respect>

Neet: <It's okay, I understand... It wasn't your fault... Infact I should be the one apologizing about my dad... He shouldn't have said those things>

Sid: <It's okay:)>
.
And then there was silence for few minutes...
.
Sid: <I will probably be going back to Allahabad in few days... And I am not sure if I will come back to Mumbai... New York is toh faraway even in my thoughts>

Neet: <okay>

Sid: <It's a goodbye then>

Neet: <Bye>
.
But then she suddenly realizes what he is talking about...
.
Neet: <You mean for forever?>

Sid: <Yup>

Neet: <Oh>

Sid: <I can't do long distance and I am not sure about being just friends with you>

Neet: <I get it... Bye then>

Sid: <Bye>
.
And it was the last time they spoke until; you know until when... After this incident, Neet was in confusion... She was curious to know what he meant by- "I am not sure about being just friends with you"...Was that an excuse to end things or does it indicates to someone bigger? Does that even slightly mean that he will always feel for her? Also, she was confused about her own emotions... Was she happy and relieved that he ended the things and now she doesn't have to tell him about her marriage and take the blame of their breakup or was she sad that she lost a person she really likes, and she won't even be able to be just friends with him? She didn't know, neither she tried looking for answers; either she did what she always does... She slept and ran from the problem, she left it on her future self...

A's mom: Avneet, Avneet beta get up...

Neet (in sleep): Maa...

A's mom: You have your engagement in 2 hours, you need to get ready... You will be meeting his parents for the first time since you have grown up... You need to make a good impression...

Neet: I have met his parents before?

A's mom: of course, you both use to play together every day when you were young... Now, get up...
.
And she got up listening that the guy is her childhood friend... Like that is a relief... At least it's not some stranger... But in contrast, he still is a stranger as she has no idea, about whom her mother is talking about...
.
A's mom: good girl... Now go and take shower, I have the bath tub ready for you... And then choose from the dress I have kept in your wardrobe... Take your time, it's a big day... Okay?

Neet: okay...
.
And her mother left and with that she too left for the bath... She came back to see plenty of dresses displayed in her walk-in-closet... Each and every one as beautiful as the other... She had lenghas , suits, sarees and their matching jewelry but she had no idea of what to wear... So, she started looking for the color she likes on herself... If not the groom, then at least the dresses can be of her choice, right? Anyways she looked into the mirror while holding a red lengha in her hand and her immediate thought was to save red for the wedding day... With that she cut off all the dresses in red, next she decided to not wear a gown or a lengha, considering its only going to be family plus in Punjab suits are more of a trend... So, she was now left with 5 pairs of suit, every single design different from the other- one was the one with salwar, and she found it a little too authentic for her taste... With that she tried the remaining four and the flashback of her trying her prom dresses few days ago came in her mind... Yesterday she was getting ready for going to her senior prom and today she is getting ready for her engagement, like within the few hours her life got changed or more like got upside down...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
EOC

I am backkk

My exams went great (if you might wonder)

Anyways, how was the chapter??

Sidneet officially broke up, she getting ready for her engagement, not the most interesting but important one...

Also, drop some suggestions of what to do next or in what genre you want this story to go; like fun romantic or sad romantic, thrill or drama etc. Etc.

Okay chalo byee

Vote kr dena