Chapter Thirty-One: Taking Action

LYGOR:

"I'm only in if I'm the captain," Idaj remarks as she crosses her oak wood arms. "You sold me out, Lygor!"

"Well, you broke my rules!" I whine boisterously.

Yep. I spent years as the captain of my crew, and now, Idaj has taken over my role after she and the rest of the pirates who had been sent off to Giurokaj were dropped off by a cargo space plane.

"We should find Epellar and Zelltica, folks!" I declare, as Idaj leads the crew into a shiny green space plane. "They're the only ones who didn't get arrested, I presume."

The underbelly of the plane is armed with gravity warheads. I chose it for this very reason, in case we came into any kind of trouble.

Idaj turns around, and shrugs, resting her arm on a support beam for the landing gear. Her skin doesn't appear to be covered in Giurokaj dust. I reckon she and the rest of the crew went through a radiation shower.

"You know, we could just leave you here, Lygor!" she quips. "We could earn some cash with this job, Lygor! Enough to pay for a new ship! And some additional crewmates!"

"You can't really be saying that, Idaj! Crew, why aren't you stopping her?"

Oel shrugs his amber wood shoulders. "We're pirates. Mutinies are what we do!"

I raise my hands up in defense.

"True, but I need to lead this mission! I need to return the pebble star to the-"

Ayegar confiscates the papyrus with the clue on it, before pushing me out of the plane.

The ramp closes into the ship, and I howl, banging on the hard metal. My hand splinters, and I yell out in pain before turning around and giving up.

So, you want to play it that way? I remark to myself in my head. We'll play it that way?

I step through the turquoise lit hangar until I reach Noldv and Equaz, who are busy repairing sorting through a crate of fresh silver weapons.

"Hey, Lygor! Want to help us sort through these seventh issue Holocrete Dart Revolvers? They're fresh from the factory!"

I turn to face Noldv. By now, I have recognized Noldv as the skinnier Teglyon that has a circle of freckles under his bulky triangular nose. Also, he smiles cheekily a lot.

"No!" I snap. "I was just kicked out of my crew! I just need to meet with Silveagak!'

"She's busy sorting through the new superpowered vigilantes that were brought in!"

"By who? Rotcetorp?"

Equaz shakes his head. He's average sized, has dark green skin, and red leaves sprouting out of his scalp.

"Some new guy! Or girl! We don't know who they are. We just know their name. TeleVisore!"

My heart sinks, as I realize that someone is messing with Silveagak. She didn't want any more superpowered vigilantes to be inducted into the program.

This someone is likely Parakga. Perhaps he caught wind of her plan.

"Guys, you're coming with me to Giurokaj!" I bark loudly. "Fuel up the car! We're going on a mission!"

The two salute me in response.

"Aye aye, captain!"

"That actually worked," I remark humorously in a gush of relief. "I can't believe you guys are following my orders.

The pair of Teglyon shrug.

"It's what we're best at!" replies Equaz.

I chuckle. "You guys would do excellently on my crew! Come on, new crew! Let's get out of here!"