Chapter Forty: Oppugnant's Decision

LAIVA:

A jungle of red, green and purple surrounds a circular abyss, from the centre of which this bricked fort rises. Aesthetic wise, this a beautiful planet. In fact, it's quite easy to wait by the hangar for TeleVisore. Usually, I would get bored, but I'm actually enjoying the scenery.

I have to say that I've changed a lot. I used to be really dry, but now, my personally has shifted a lot.

A flock of leaf feathered birds circle above the fort, letting out playful growls. They remind me of the Occosian growlbirds, and everyone knows how much I hate growlbirds. Or do they? I don't speak much, so how does anyone know what's on my mind?

Suddenly, a flash of blue light reflects through my circular visor, distracting me from the sight of the Teglyon growlbirds. I tilt my helmet downwards so that I can properly face the golden mask that disguises TeleVisore's true identity.

His lips quiver as he faces me, and I ready my plasma powers for battle. However, blue light envelopes me, and soon, I find myself on Garbatrak.

I close my eyes and try to mimic his teleportation powers so that I can return to Teglyo.

The flash of blue and white light around my body, faintly outlined with the pale rainbow glow of my plasma beams, indicates that I have successfully mimicked TeleVisore's powers.

I focus clearly on the image of the birds of Teglyo, and find myself back on the asphalt platform, once again facing TeleVisore.

"What the kcuf?!" TeleVisore swears under his breath, as I prepare to fire a blast of plasma towards him.

The plasma pushes him several metres away, causing him to land hard on the edge of the platform. He hangs over the edge for a brief second before teleporting behind me. He wraps his hands over me, and attempts to throttle my neck. TeleVisore's not choking me enough to kill me. Just enough to weaken me.

"Why are you making me do this, Oppugnant?"

"I don't know!" I snarl. "Why do you keep attacking me, you rotten piece of perapplae!"

"I'm not here to attack you, Oppugnant!" the figure whispers softly. "I'm here to help you. I'm starting an alliance. We don't have to be enemies."

"What do you want?"

"Well, I need your help!"

"I'm not helping you! You're evil!"

"How do you know that? You're the one whose killed innocents!"

A chill runs up my spine, and bile rises into my mouth. However, I swallow it back down.

"I guess you're right! But Rotcetorp received a call from someone, and later told me that he needed to save someone on Teglyo."

"Silveagak, I presume?" TeleVisore guesses inquisitively. "Oh, I felt bad for torturing her."

"See, that right there is why you're a bad guy! Good guys don't torture people!"

"I had to torture her. Parakga is...powerful."

"Yeah, I guess you're right about that one. I only just managed to kill him."

TeleVisore chuckles thoughtfully. "Well, anyway, I am grateful that you were able to kill him. Saves me a lot of difficult work. Now, are you gonna help me or not?"

I cross my arms, staring at TeleVisore sternly.

"Perhaps. It depends on what you want me to help you with. World domination?"

"No, nothing like that! I just want you to convert the energy imbued in a cave on Fraopéyja back into its natural form."

"Why?"