Chapter Twenty-Two: Lygor's Ruminations

LYGOR:

After receiving an urgent call from Rotcetorp, I jumped into the space automobile we stole and travelled as fast as I could to the junkyard planet of Garbatrak. I found him outside a refinery, and even with his curved mask covering his facial features, it didn't take a genius to notice that he was very exhausted.

Despite our recent argument, I still respect Rotcetorp. He's a good person underneath that suit, and he's the main reason why I decided to become a pirate vigilante. I guess I was being selfish when we argued. He wanted to save the galaxy, while I wanted to save my friends.

Now, I realise that I didn't need him to do that for me. He had other stuff on his plate, so I made the decision to get one of the superpowered individuals living in this fort to help.  I haven't heard back from them, but I'm sure they're going alright.

Rotcetorp slept the entire way home. By the time we arrived on Teglyo, he was still asleep, sprawled on the back seat of the space automobile.

Once the car engine has been turned off, I pull the silver handle, opening the door to my right. I unbuckle my seatbelt, and after I slide away from the automobile and shut the door. I open the door to the back seat. As the door swings out, sunlight reflects from the burgundy metal that covers the frame of the car.

Rotcetorp groans groggily in a staticky tone as he sits up on the middle car seat at the back of the car. I take his glossy black hand, pulling him out of the car. Then, I shut the door behind him, following him along the asphalt platform that extends out from the middle of the limestone fort.

When we reach the turquoise lit hangar, Rotcetorp walks towards a group of purple leaved Teglyon and speaks to them. I chuckle softly to myself, before turning back towards the car.

Soon, if the craykello kid Nygyl and his companion Petara succeed in their rescue mission, they should be returning here with my crew. Of course, there's no telling what or who they'll have to face in order for their mission to be a success.

For now, though, I guess I have to wait at the fort. I've been helping around a bit with Rotcetorp's assistants. I'm currently thinking about various suit designs for Rotcetorp. While I may have helped with configuring his one remaining suit with a suit disc, I'm also considering alternate suit designs.

But why should I be considering suit designs? I reprimand myself. I'm Captain Lygor, a pirate vigilante who tries not to commit any major crimes. I'm not a superhero tailor.

But I guess I've never been a good pirate to start off with. I was better at stopping pirate attacks than I was at committing pirate attacks.

That's why I'm mad at Idaj for stealing stuff. I've read on the news that she's been exiled to Giurokaj, and she deserves to stay there. She's a filthy criminal. It's ironic, because I used to steal to survive, but I've changed from my pirate ways. Idaj evidently hasn't.

But something's been bothering me about the capture of the members of my crew I sent to Podplanata I. Unless they too had been secretly committing piracy, there's no reason for them to be arrested. The same goes for Idaj's capture. Since she handed in a pirate, shouldn't she have been rewarded?

Something's fishy about the governments of Podplanata I and III. They must have a vendetta against pirates, but we aren't pirates.

Okay, maybe we are still technically pirates, but we're not the sort of pirates that raid villages and stuff. We're the sort of pirates who protect villages.

The funny thing about this whole ordeal is that I haven't heard of anything regarding the pirates I sent to Podplanata II getting arrested. I understand that there's a civil war brewing on Podplanata, but still, it doesn't make any sense.