Chapter 44

Thanks for 2k+ reads!

================================================================================

"Mommy daddy" Morgan voice cracking as she walks to her parents, "Oh honey" Pepper runs over holding her tight afraid of losing her. Tony wraps them in a hug looking over at Morgan "Where's Maddie?" popping his head up looking at the door rubbing the back of her head. "S-she went with the bad guys" pointing to the door her voice shaking. Tony, Steve, and Bucky run out of the room looking at the elevator number descending, "F.R.I.D.A.Y. pull up security camera following Madison Foster"

"Yes Sir"-F.R.I.D.A.Y.

The security camera pulling up flicking his tablet looking at the air showing the footage to everyone listening to her talking "Then why stay and protect her"

"The pay is good and I thought I would get a great bonus by protecting her, but it looks like I am getting the greatest bonus of all...freedom" everyone looked at each in disbelief "She's been playing us?" Steve speaks his eyes glued to Tony seeing he is speechless "No, she isn't playing us she is playing them" Nat walking up to them "How do you know?"

"She flicked her eyes to the camera, she knows we would watch and listen so she knows what she is doing she is playing them"

"Really cause she just got into their car without batting an eye"

"She is playing them I know her, and she is walking with her head up in confidence she knows what's she is doing" Tony now looking at Morgan seeing the blood on the back of her head "Shit she's got blood on her" moving her hair around not finding any cuts "Maddie made people go to sleep with her gun" looking up at the security footage seeing the blood on the side of her face "Munchkin I know you're scared but I need you to answer questions, can you do that for me?" nodding her head "Good, now why did they want Maddie?" whipping her face looking at Tony and everyone watching from a distance "They wanted me for passwords and Maddie said she had the passwords and that I needed to stay"

"What kind of passwords?"

"He asked for your phone password but I don't know it and that's all he asked for then Maddie said she had all the passwords in this building"

Nodding his head looking at the team "If Maddie plays her cards right we can get her within the week"

"What do you mean" Nat asks "Maddie has worked her for almost 8 years she worked many positions and each position has passwords for different parts of the database in case we were to be attacked all the workers come together and they can protect the building and city, working many positions she knows the password for protection and the circle passwords" Bucky raising his hand "Whats the circle passwords"

Pepper stepping in to speak "The circle passwords are the passwords the workers have to learn in the case of them being kidnapped or held hostage in this building they can put these passwords in that keep them going in circles buying them time to send messages to Tony on what is going on, the idiots will see they are working with them and helping them without knowing they are actually being tracked, so if she does it correctly we can find her." Everyone understands while Bucky still watches the security clips watching her flick her eyes to the camera multiple times the way she walks like she is in charge getting into the passenger seat of the armor car and driving off. Showing no emotion on her face, keeping herself neutral, showing no fear. Walking away "Buck where are you going" not answering Steve he got into the elevator taking it to the lobby.

Walking in picking her gun up, taking the clip out seeing it empty, sighing to himself knowing she never leaves without a full clip now hating himself for letting her get in harm's way and taken away. Looking around seeing nothing else from her he went back to his apartment, tossing her gun on the couch looking up feeling pressure building up behind his eyes, turning his head slamming his fist into the wall "Can't keep her fucking SAFE" slamming his other hand into wall, grabbing his coffee table throwing it against the wall splintering into pieces.