16th Kill - Versus

1 – Lentz, Gerit (98) Mute/Loner

2 – Shiota, Nagisa (58) Cursed

3 – Vega, Deo (21) Loner

4 – Amerith, Rahksi (16) Loner

5 – Malinay, Stag (53)

6 – Kayano, Kaede (19)

7 – Gushiken, Deshi (19)

8 – Ekinsoff, Lannamay (18)

9 – Ekinsoff, Elklay (17)

10 – Yada, Toka (16)

11 – Sugino, Tomohito (16)

12 – Veleten, Zerren (16)

13 – Carroll, Roxin (16)

14 – Nakamura, Rio (15)

15 – Balunet, Sontas (12)

16 – Isogai, Yuma (11)

17 – Yerren, Rom (11)

18 – Deelen, Kalista (9)

19 – Alahronz, Cafferty (7)

20 – Mero, Beritas (5)

"Knew I should have gone it alone." Stag grumbles, attempting to eat with his left hand. "I'm pretty sure this counts as a handicap." He holds up his wrapped wrist.

Usually, food is provided to our individual rooms, but this time, we're eating in a cafeteria with all the other contestants. I sit cross-legged in my chair as Yada brings over a plate for me.

"And Gen said it did!" Deshi exclaims, annoyed. "But because you didn't start the challenge with it, it doesn't count." He rolls his eyes, shaking his head in frustration.

"Are you still going on about that?" Rom takes a seat on the other side of Deshi.

"Thanks." I give Yada a smile as she sits down too.

"Technically, I did have this when we started being hunted." Stag argues back. "I was finally in third place just to have it taken away!" He slams his injured wrist on the table, wincing afterwards and rubbing at it gently with regret.

"Dumbass." Deshi shakes his head again.

When the hide-and-seek challenge ended, we were herded into a new area on the other side of the playground to another hotel. We all had our own rooms split between four halls. I'd lost track of where we must be on the island, but it still seems like we're mostly traveling in a straight line. With how massive some of the courses have been, it's amazing how big the island is.

"Well, it depends on what the next challenge is." Kayano explains to Nakamura mid-conversation.

"I don't care what it is. We're getting him next time." Nakamura slams down her tray.

"Hey, I'm not saying we're against it." Isogai responds, also taking a seat at the large table.

"Besides, you were listening to what Nagisa was saying last night, right?" Sugino adds, smiling nervously when Nakamura glares at him.

"Nagisa thinks we should talk to the mute. Am I really the only one that sees a problem with that?" she argues.

"But not everyone thought of the tracker gems like Amara did." Kayano interjects. "Maybe he just didn't know that was an option."

"And that justifies him killing Kataoka?" Nakamura turns to Yada. "At least you're with me on this, right?" Yada turns away nervously.

"Nakamura, I'm not trying to fight with you." I sit up on my knees in the chair, leaning on the table. "I understand you're angry, but the real enemy's the creator, isn't it?"