29th Kill - Vote

1 – Lentz, Gerit (199) Mute/Loner

2 – Shiota, Nagisa (174) Loner

3 – Malinay, Stag (71) Loner

"Judges? Hosts?" The creator motions them all inside. "Spectators?" he adds, them coming in a little later.

I just finish gathering up all the coins that Nakamura had thrown at me when she enters the room.

"Despite whom you've backed before, I want everyone to stand behind one of the three before you." The creator explains. "Who do you think will win the contest?"

Quickly becoming worried, Stag turns towards everyone.

"I'll call you up one at a time to choose. Spread out so there's room." the creator commands. Stag and Gerit each take a few steps away from me. Gerit seems sad, staring at the floor.

"Barry." the creator starts.

Barry walks up to me, a smile on his face. "I think you're the best." he says, but something's off about it, like it's not genuine, but he looks genuine at the same time. He stands next to me.

"Jerry."

Jerry goes up to Gerit, giving him a good distance. "You don't like people, right?" Gerit ignores the question, focusing on the ground, still hanging his head.

"Larry."

Larry offers me a mean scowl before walking over to Gerit. "I think you're the worst." he spits out at me. It has the same feel as Barry's response. I turn to the hosts next.

"Ben."

Ben walks up, almost bored. "Not like it matters for me, but you seem a good bet." He joins my forming crowd. I glance over at Stag, him biting his thumbnail.

"Gen."

Gen goes over to Stag. "You couldn't win anyone else over?"

"Shut up." Stag growls, body tense.

He's not getting enough votes.

"And who do you vote for, Len?" The creator adds a special flourish to his name and I wonder why it was different.

Is he just trying to change it up?

Len quietly walks over to Gerit. The creator shrugs.

"Ren." The creator continues, just as he had before.

Ren skips over to Gerit. "Sorry, but he's killed more." he tells me, turning to Stag. "And I don't think you can even kill."

Stag looks away.

"Zen."

Zen comes up to me, winking. "Can't not back my own choice, can I?" he responds in his usual tone.

"And the spectators. Lannamay."

Lannamay takes time to look at each of us. Even having given her coins to Gerit, she still looks undecided. Even so, she settles on Gerit, giving Stag and I an apologetic look.

"Sugino."

Sugino comes right up to me, offering a high five. I accept. "Course I think it's going to be you." He nods towards Stag, whispering the rest. "Doesn't look so good though."

"I know." I mumble back, feeling inadequate.

Do they all really think I'll win?

"Kayano."

Kayano looks at me sadly and runs over to Stag. "Don't worry, there's still hope, okay?"

Stag stares at her like he's been betrayed and turns away again. "Sure," he says halfheartedly.