Chapter 28 - Cain POV

So.. I've been asked a few times by some readers for different POV and since I haven't been doing the diary entries for this kind of glimpse into other peoples heads - yesterday I was asked for the fight scene to be done in a different POV. I'm not quite sure if this is what they meant, but this is what came out when I started to try and do the next chapter haha... So here you have Chapter 28 again but from Cain's POV.

Enjoy x

_____________

Kara hadn't made the offer to side with the twins out of concern for Elle's wellbeing. The look in her eye was too calculating, her mind three steps ahead as she faced off against me. Her Valkyrie background had never been more obvious; she'd trained endlessly to get to this point.

Unbeatable.

I had watched her sparr with Deimos, before this Elise, even Hades. It was never disappointing to see her in battle, and thanks to her most recent effort if there was anyone of us with a bruised ego right now, it was hers. She hasn't had her powers back for long and she hasn't had a chance to test herself properly. The run-in with the Furies had been her first chance to let them free and it hadn't ended in her favour. I felt how hard she pushed herself now, the Valkyrie skills would only take her so far and she needed to go further with her powers if she was to keep that crown on her head. It had been a test and she barely passed. Today she was determined to soothe the hurt left behind from the Furies by making me yield. One day she might, but that wasn't today.

Apparently, she wasn't the only one needing some self-reassurance and Hades intercepted her next attack towards me, redirecting her focus to him. I saw the look on his face, the attention he gave her. This would be a reminder she wasn't the only one who owned a crown, and that he could easily wear both if he wanted to. Kara didn't disappoint, by not allowing him to do what he had just done to Hermes to her. It made Hades try harder, which was almost amusing and she wouldn't beat him today either. Even when Deimos just couldn't help himself and stood by her, as they seemed more intent on keeping me engaged in this than Hades; so much for teamwork.

"This is boring," Hades growled as he realised I was dealing with everyone now. Apollos blasts of energy and light never found their target; just like Artemis and her pesky arrows which enraged her no end.

Hades was just as predictable, and as I felt the earth tremble it was a clear move against me too.

Guess no one was in the mood to stick to the plan today.

"Really? I'm not Hermes." I glanced over to where Hermes was, noticing how animated Zane was as he pointed at us; Elle was nodding along looking less like I was going to regret today and almost as if she might be enjoying the show we were putting on.

"I want to face an actual threat," Hades drew my attention back to him, as. "You and me."

"And what about what I want?" I smirk, "Who can I play with that poses an actual challenge. Kara seems more on your level."

"Fucking arrogant, asshole." He grunts his minions as annoying as Artemis's arrows.

They crumble to dust before even hitting my first shield, and that didn't do anything to improve the state of his current mood.

It's too easy, reaching out my power adapts to that around me. The feeling of what I'm putting out alters to the mass of dark energy Deimos wielded, forcing it back onto my attackers, one by one and even the so-called god of terror himself.

"Your girlfriend. No wonder you want her to sit it out, scared of what the outcome will be?" Hades taunts.

Kara's been practising, walking through the shadows that seek to break her mind and I don't even attempt to hold back now, the force of my hit has her stumbling as one by one the others fall to their terrors and their knees.