005; it's your favourite necklace

third person.

christmas was being celebrated early throughout the household, with astrid and nicole in the kitchen making the dinner, jack and max in the middle of a conversation and corbyn and mollie sat with julie by the fireplace.

"here's your present," julie said, handing a wrapped up box to mollie as she glanced to it confused.

"you already gave me one nana." mollie replied, "did you forget?"

"no i just wanted you to have this too." she smiled.

as mollie returned the smile, she took off the wrapping paper to reveal a jewellery box, immediately shaking her hand and handing it back to julie, "the paints were expensive enough, return it and save your-"

"i didn't buy it dear," julie interrupted her, opening the box for the girl to reveal one of her own necklaces, "it was mine but i want you to have it."

"is this the one you wear all the time?" mollie asked, receiving a nod from her nana while she frowned slightly, "nana i don't want to take it if you still want to wear it."

"no, no i want you to have it." she shook her head, "i know you'll look after it."

"thank you," mollie said, placing a kiss on her head and giving her a small hug, "i love you."

"i love you," julie replied, "look after it for me."

"i will, it's your favourite necklace." mollie laughed slightly, "did you want some soup?"

"mollie," corbyn looked at his girlfriend, "you've already asked this five times today."

"i'll have a small bowl," she told mollie, watching her raise her eyebrows at corbyn before quickly standing up and wondering over to the kitchen, "i don't want any bread."

"you can't have soup," max said, "the christmas dinner will be ready in half an hour."

"max," julie frowned with a mumble.

"did you just say yes to make her happy?"

with a small nod, mollie returned back with the bowl of soup and a smile on her face, handing it to julie on a tray with a slice of bread beside it, hearing max sigh from the other side of the room.

"dinner will be ready in about five minutes, max overestimates." astrid smiled, taking a dish over to the table while max stared at her, "that's my way of saying please sit at the table."

"gotcha." jack nodded, already standing behind the girl and staring at the food, "which one is my seat?"

"pick any seat you want."

with the rest of the group making their way to the table as max finished clearing up some of the mess made from that morning, julie attempted to get up from her chair after having half a spoonful of her soup.

and as max turned to her with a sense of concern, he suddenly dropped the wrapping paper he was picking up off the floor.

"oh my god nana," max called out, earning the attention of everyone in the room as they all looked over, watching the boy rush over to her, "nana."

as mollie looked away from her boyfriend and over to her brother and grandma, the girl immediately took a sharp inhale as she got up from the table while max held a cloth over julie's mouth.

"what are you- why are-"

"call 911," max interrupted her in a slight panicked tone, looking over to her while mollie stood there frozen, her eyes widened and fixed on the both of them, "stop looking at me like i'm an idiot and-"

"hey, chill out." corbyn said, standing up and grabbing his phone while moving his girlfriend away from the situation, "what do i need to tell them?"

"that she's coughing up blood and she can't breathe and she- i just need a fucking ambulance." he explained, corbyn nodding as he held his phone up to his ear.

still stood frozen with no emotions shown on her face, mollie had her nails digging into the palm of her hand while nicole walked over to her, noticing her breathing picking up yet refusing to turn herself away from the scene.

"put your shoes on," max told mollie, soon turning back to julie as nicole glanced between the two of them.

"they're on their way," corbyn walked back into the room, placing his phone down before he walked over to max and nicole to help them with the lady sat in her chair.

each person having a role in the situation only led to mollie being stood in the middle of it all, unsure of how to help and frozen in shock at how quickly and how badly things had risen.

and soon enough, with the lights of the vehicle flashing from outside the home, mollie's head turned towards the flashes before it was turned back to her brother standing in front of her.

"i asked you to put your shoes on." max said, a pair of hers in his hands while he placed them on the table beside her before rushing out of the house to the paramedics.

mollie sighed before turning back to julie, "nana doesn't-"

"mollie put your fucking-"

"oh my god shut up," she mumbled, putting her head in her hands and walking out of the house as corbyn turned to max.

with the paramedics taking over from the small group trying their best to help out, corbyn grabbed mollie's shoes and her jacket while sighing.

"she's probably just overwhelmed," corbyn said as he looked at max.

"i think i know how my sister is feeling," he replied, taking her shoes and jacket from the boy while he suddenly frowned.

"when she's stood there trying to control her breathing i don't think it's a good time to yell at her about a pair of-"

"corbyn," jack interrupted him, "just let them sort it out, we need to pack for a flight home."

"i'm not taking a flight home when nana might have to go to the hospital," corbyn shook his head, jack staring at him confused before he tilted his head.

"you can't miss the-"

"jack i-"

"she'll be okay." max reassured corbyn, stood beside the paramedics as corbyn glanced to him, "if you need to take a flight to la then do it, it's fine."

"i'll stay." nicole chimed in, "i'll stay a few more days to be some extra help."

"you promise she'll be okay?" corbyn asked.

"she'll be fine." max nodded.

"okay." corbyn frowned.

"we need to get her to the hospital." a paramedic spoke, turning to max while he slowly nodded in response.

"just make sure mollie doesn't get too-"

"mollie isn't the main concern right now corbyn," max said, putting on his jacket as he grabbed the house keys, "nana is."

"i'll keep an eye on her." astrid gave corbyn a small smile, "nicole and i will keep you updated."

"and keep me updated on nana," corbyn added on, "please keep me updated because if you need me i'll fly back down again in a heartbeat."

"okay, just go pack."

a/n

so uh thoughts?