025; let it all out

third person.

the besson family sat down in the middle of a restaurant for christmas eve, this year with an extra person alongside them. corbyn had picked the girl up from her house a little less than four hours ago, and she had been much quieter than usual that night.

of course she'd speak when spoken to, but when there was no conversation nor was anyone talking to her, mollie would refuse to engage in any talk and zone out staring at a completely random object nearby.

and with the others moving off into their own conversation, corbyn gave his mom a smile before he turned his body towards his girlfriend, taking a fry off of her plate and dipping it into the sauce beside it before he ate it, "you look pretty tonight."

"so do you." she replied, giving him a small smile as her hand grabbed ahold of his lower arm that was resting underneath the table.

"you're very quiet." he mentioned, "and you didn't eat a lot, are you not hungry?"

"i didn't like the burger," mollie looked at him as he gave her a nod, "but i'm not that hungry anyway."

"mollie i have a question," jordan spoke up from the opposite side of the table, glancing between the two of them while corbyn's hand was rested on her thigh.

"is it important?"

"every question i ask is important." he smiled, "so.. corbyn goes on tour in almost a weeks time."

"right," she slowly nodded.

"can you teach him to dance before he goes?" he asked as corbyn glared at him, "he needs help and i, being the nice brother i am, don't want him to get bullied."

"i can dance." corbyn argued.

"no you can't." ashley looked at him.

"mom," corbyn looked to saskia, who shrugged and held her hands up, "you're not even going to defend your favourite child?"

"i don't have a favourite." saskia told him, "you can argue amongst yourselves."

"please just teach him to do the basic moves," jordan said.

"can i actually join your dance class? i can stand at the back and not be a distraction." corbyn suggested, "or just give me some dance lessons."

"i'll give you some dance lessons." the girl looked to him as he nodded, glancing between her eyes and lips quickly while his breathing picked up slightly.

"you better pay her for those lessons," ashley told the boy, watching him clear his throat as he turned away from his girlfriend.

"obviously." he rolled his eyes, "but you're paying for this meal."

"me? get lost." ashley shook her head, "aren't you the celebrity here? you should be rich."

"i can pay." mollie said.

"mollie," saskia frowned, "put your card away."

"i didn't buy any christmas presents so this can be my gift to everyone."

"i'm sure you've got too much on your plate to worry about presents," saskia told her with a smile, "this is my treat, i'm paying."

"moms paying, cool with that." jordan nodded.

"of course you are," corbyn said, "i think we might head back now because i'm getting tired and i'd rather be in a good mood for christmas."

"okay," saskia nodded, "we'll see you both back at the house for a few games then?"