009; i feel like i'm going insane

third person.

corbyn walked into the butcher household near eight that evening after a tiring flight from los angeles, and wiping the remaining tears from his eyes he glanced to the kitchen island, where max was sat by himself.

furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, the boy glanced around the rest of the house before turning back to the boy sat alone in silence, "are you the only one here?"

"mollie's upstairs." max replied.

"where's astrid and iris?"

"they went out for dinner with her parents," max shrugged, staring at his the dial screen on his phone as corbyn walked over to him.

"where's nicole?"

"she already left for the airport."

"what are you doing?" he asked, sitting on the stool next to max as he glanced over to the bottle of pills sat on the counter, "max."

"mhm."

"what are those for?" corbyn asked, nodding his head to the bottle as max looked at them before grabbing them from the counter and shoving them into his pocket.

"nothing." he shook his head.

"...did you take any?" corbyn slowly said as max paused before he hesitantly nodded, "how many?"

"i.. i don't know." max stared at the counter once again.

"do you think it was a lot?"

"no," he shook his head, "i stopped myself because mol- i don't know, i just stopped myself."

"okay, thank you for doing that." corbyn said, "can i have the bottle?"

max shrugged as he handed it over to the boy, watching him read the label stuck to the outside before estimating how many were left in the bottle.

"it's mollie's prescription," max spoke up, "her anti-depressants that she doesn't take."

"have you eaten anything?"

"i had lunch."

"what are you feeling for dinner?" corbyn grabbed his phone, looking up at max while he stared at him for a few seconds to think.

"anything savoury," he said as corbyn nodded, "are you- do you want me to pay for-"

"go sit on the couch, i got you," corbyn told him, giving him a small smile as he headed towards the stairs and up to his girlfriend's bedroom.

with a simple knock on her door the boy walked into dark room, his phone screen being the only source of light as he looked to her bed, sighing and walking over to it.

"baby," he softly spoke, hearing her let out a small sigh of relief before attempting to sit up while they both engulfed each other into a hug.

and as corbyn had one knee resting on the edge of her bed to prevent him from falling, he rubbed her back a few times before placing a few kisses on her cheek, holding back his tears as she had started to cry.

"i'm just going to order something for max and then i'll come back up and we can cuddle," he explained, "did you want anything?"

"i just want to cuddle," she mumbled.

"okay, give me twenty minutes and then i'll come back and cuddle," he said, placing one last kiss on her cheek before she laid back down and watched him quickly leave the room.

"she didn't want anything," corbyn said, walking back down the stairs and over to where max was sat on the couch.

"order her some fries."

"i was going to," he replied, sitting down next to the boy, "what drink do you want?"

"dr pepper," max said, "get mollie a red bull."

"mhm," corbyn nodded, "do you feel sick?"

"why would i feel sick?"

"you need to throw up the pills." he told him.

"i didn't even take that many." max shrugged.

"do you feel fine?"

"i feel like i'm going insane." he sighed, putting his head in his hands as corbyn frowned, "i told astrid to go out with her parents."

"..was that for a reason?"

"i needed to be alone," max quickly said, "do you feel okay?"

"i don't think it matters how i-"

"she was your nana too," max interrupted him, "you're still family."

"i feel guilty that i wasn't there." corbyn admitted as he stared at his hands.

"i know how your band can be, it gets busy." max looked at him, "it's fine, she knows you loved her."

"i'll stay as long as you need me," corbyn said, "it's not a problem, if you need an extra hand i can be here."

"i appreciate it." max replied, "astrid and i are back at work tomorrow.. can you and mollie look after iris?"

"uh, yeah." he slowly nodded, "shouldn't be an issue."

"usually nana would but.."

"no, no it's fine." corbyn said, "we can do it, don't worry."

"okay."

a/n

short chapter but double update

how we feeling after that :(