045; you're getting too sappy

third person.

"these are washable right?"

"i think so." mollie nodded, her boyfriend lying on his back on their living room floor while he allowed her to paint over his body, giving her something to do that wouldn't be harmful to her or anyone around her.

"that is not what i wanted to hear." corbyn shook his head, "you're not painting any dicks on me are you?"

"no." she said.

"you know, i always do things with you and then i think like... senior year me would hate this guy." corbyn said through a small laugh as he turned his head to her, watching her look at him confused.

"what do you mean?"

"like right now, i'm letting you paint on me." he shrugged, "i never thought i'd let my girlfriend paint on me? not to mention girlfriend... i would've never survived a relationship for this long."

"i think it's weird that i have a boyfriend," mollie admitted, her eyes focused on the one detail she was attempting to paint on his chest.

"why?"

"i'm not good at commitment." mollie told him, "it's weird that i've liked someone for this long and i'm still obsessed with them."

"you're obsessed with me?" he raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"well in a way, yeah." she slowly nodded, "i'm around you like almost everyday and you're still the only person i don't get bored of."

"that's because i'm fun." corbyn replied, "and i let you do stupid shit like paint on me."

"you can paint on me after."

"i'm going to paint on your ass," he mumbled, "i'm gonna write my name across it."

"...why?" she tilted her head.

"because it's mine." he looked at her with a smile, watching her playfully roll her eyes while she shook her head, "are you still not liking the idea of marriage?"

"i don't know, why?"

"i'm just thinking," he shrugged, "we never really talk about our future."

"getting married is such a weird concept." mollie sat up and looked at him as the boy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "i'm giving.. i'm changing my last name and giving someone all of me just by wearing a ring on my finger."

"there's a lot more to it than that princess." he sighed, "there's a lot more commitment... but i get what you mean."

"mhm."

"what if i asked you?" he mumbled.

"..i'd probably say yes." mollie told him, "why?"

"i could see myself spending the rest of my life-"

"now you're getting too sappy," she interrupted him while laughing slightly, grabbing her phone and placing her paintbrush down, "stay still while i take a photo of this."

"alright," he sighed, allowing her to straddle his waist while he hands grabbed onto the side of her thighs, lying still as she took the photo, "you're never sappy."

"i never know how to get the words out," she said, placing her phone down before pulling her sweater over her head, leaving her in her sports bra while corbyn raised his eyebrows, "don't do that look."

"i'm not doing anything."

"i only took it off so i can lay on you and not ruin my clothes with the paint," she replied, throwing her sweater to the side before leaning down to where they were chest to chest, her hands cupping the side of his face.

"i wish you were sappy sometimes," he said, "i'd like to know what you think about me other than insults."

with a small shrug, mollie stared at the boy for a few seconds and placed a small kiss on the tip of his nose before a faint smile appeared on her face, "i feel happiest when i'm around you."

"mhm."

"and i already feel really awkward." mollie frowned as corbyn gave her a smile, his arms wrapping around her as they both sighed, "i don't want to talk about how i feel."

"but i'd like to know how you feel about me." he replied.

"you know how i feel about you."

"you could secretly hate me." he suggested, "you could be really annoyed with me... but it would be very obvious."

"exactly," she gave him a small smile, "i'm sure you know by now that i love you."

"do you not even have a favourite thing about me?" corbyn asked her, "there's nothing about me you really just love above everything else?"

"i love all of you."

"right but my favourite thing about you is your laugh," he raised his eyebrows as mollie rolled her eyes and faintly smiled, "what's yours for me?"

she moved her head away from his slightly to stare at the features on his face, her eyebrows furrowed slightly before she let out a big sigh and tilted her head.

"my favourite thing about you is your heart." she said, watching him pause in confusion as he stared at her blankly, "you've got this big heart that is so full of love for other people and i think i've always liked that about you."

"and i love your humour," she continued, "you're very funny."

"i know that." he scoffed, "but you don't have a physical feature about me..? you must have one."

"physical... your arms and your nose."

"what?"

"your arms make me feel warm and safe and your nose.. it's just a very cute nose." mollie shrugged.

"you're so weird." corbyn said through a laugh, "i love your ability to make anyone in the room feel comfortable."

"i do not do that." she frowned and shook her head.

"yes you do," he raised his eyebrows and nodded, "you make people feel like they can say anything without feeling judged, they feel comfortable around you."

"i don't believe that one."

"okay, then my second favourite thing is the way you always know the perfect gift to get someone." corbyn smiled at her as she slowly nodded, "you're a very people person."

"i'm not a-"

"i mean like you make people feel seen and loved and comfortable," corbyn explained, "not that you like them, you have a way of making sure everyone is included and i think that's very rare these days."

with mollie staring at him in slight awe, a tight-lipped smile appeared on her face as she looked away from him whilst nodding, "we're changing subject before i cry."

"i have something to give you, by the way." he told her, doing as she said and changing the subject, "it's a very late christmas present but it took a while to arrive."

"no we agreed on not doing christmas-"

"you got me a guitar-"

"that was two months before christmas happened-"

"it's just a small gift." he shook his head, "i'll give it to you in virginia because mom said it arrived today, it's just something small that i think you'll really love."

"can i get a hint?" she asked him.

"it's to do with nana." corbyn softly spoke as mollie turned her head to him, "it's just... i think it'll help you adjust and continue without her by your side, but she'll be there with you all the time."

"okay." the girl mumbled, "please give it to me at a time where i can handle that."

"of course," he smiled slightly, "okay."

a/n

a little soft chapter for u all

also nic's party is next chapter and lemme say 👀 shit is happening hehehe