100; happy birthday angel

august 12th.

third person.

mollie's birthday wouldn't be described as being celebrated with a party. it was closer to a small gathering of friends that she had chosen to invite herself, bringing their plus one's along had increased the size she originally wanted and it ended up with a house full of people she loved and wanted to be around for the evening.

max had managed to secure a babysitter for iris by the name of astrid's mom so he could attend the baby and give his sister his full attention in celebration with astrid by his side, nicole had convinced her dad to take care of rory for the night just in case she ended up falling asleep in her best friends bed.

and while drinks were already being poured out and people were already making their way to the designated dance floor for the night, mollie stood amongst the variety of drinks and grabbed herself a can of dr pepper.

"happy birthday baby," nicole yelled above the music as she wrapped her arms around her best friend, causing them both to stumbled as mollie turned to face her, "i'm so, so proud of you."

"you've had two glasses of wine and you're already like this," mollie smiled in response, being pulled into a hug as the rest of the group joined them, "thank you nic."

"happy birthday," charlie said, handing the girl a small gift bag as zach wrapped his arms around charlie from behind, resting her head on top of his.

"i said no gifts." mollie looked at them with a frown.

"it's a photo of the whole group in a frame, you mentioned wanting more photos at your place." zach shrugged and smiled, "we just wanted to get you it with an excuse."

"thank you," mollie smiled, placing the bag underneath the tablecloth so it would be out of the way before she received happy birthdays from the rest of the group.

"i love you," cara said, grabbing ahold of mollie's hand while daniel stared at the two of them, "and happy birthday my little one, gosh you are so grown up."

"you're so sweet, cara, i love you too." she tilted her head and turned to daniel, "where's corbyn?"

"hm? oh, he said he had to get set up something." daniel shrugged, "god knows what, probably some handcuffs and shit upstairs for some birthday fun."

"that's gross." jonah frowned, "i don't even think corbyn would do that."

"okay... where's jack?" mollie asked.

"over there," zach pointed through the crowds of people, the four of them staring at jack who had already found himself in a dance battle with max.

they all furrowed their eyebrows and turned back to mollie with a small smile, watching her shake her head and laugh before taking a sip of her drink.

"this should also be a celebration for your sobriety." cara mentioned, "three months today."

"...i didn't even know it was today." mollie said as cara nodded and smiled, watching a proud smile grow on her face before she shrugged and looked at cara, "guess i'll celebrate that too."

"you should," cara smiled, taking both mollie's and daniel's hand before dragging them over to the dance floor to join the rest of the group.