013; i'll be distracted

third person.

"hey," corbyn said as he walked into his girlfriends bedroom, her car keys in his hand, "so i know i'm going back to la tomorrow but did you want to do something before i go?"

"depends what it is."

"a drive to dunkin?" he suggested, "...and maybe stargaze."

"on our field..?" mollie asked, suddenly sitting herself up as she looked over at him.

"yes." corbyn nodded.

with slight hesitation, the girl let out a sigh before she got herself out of bed and slid her shoes on, turning to face the boy who was watching her with a small smile.

"don't judge what i'm wearing," she mumbled, walking past him while he raised his eyebrows and followed her.

"you look pretty," he told her, following her down the stairs as she immediately walked out of the house, failing to acknowledge max and astrid stood in the kitchen, "taking her on a drive."

"can you make sure she eats something?" max asked, a concerned look on his face.

"yeah, i got you." corbyn nodded.

as he closed the front door behind him and walked over to mollie's car, the boy stopped on his tracks once noticing her sat in the drivers seat, staring at her radio before he opened the door closest to her.

"keys," mollie held her hand out.

"no way," he replied, "passenger side."

"i want to drive," mollie looked up at him confused.

"are you in the right state to drive?"

"yes." she replied, "i promise, plus it's only a short drive."

eventually giving in, he handed his girlfriend the keys before closing her door and getting into the passenger side of the car, putting his seatbelt on before turning to look at her.

"i feel a little better today." mollie admitted, reversing out of the driveway while corbyn stared at her.

"really?"

"yeah," she slightly nodded, "i think i'll be okay when you fly back."

"are you sure?" he asked, "i just need to go for one meeting then i can fly back."

"no, it's okay." mollie glanced to him with a subtle smile, "you should spend some time with the guys anyway."

"they're all coming to the funeral," corbyn said, watching her smile fade as she bit her lip, "we have to take the last possible flight so we'll be a bit stressed about making it on time but we're all coming."

"okay."

"is there anything you wanted for christmas?" he quickly changed the subject, noticing her sudden mood change after mentioning the dreaded day, "i need to get your presents."

"can i spend it with your family?" mollie asked, keeping her eyes on the road as corbyn turned his head to her while furrowing his brows.

"...not max?"

"i'm not talking to him."

"right now you aren't but-"

"ever again," mollie interrupted him as he took a deep breath.

"right but you need each other, i know you'll learn to forgive him eventually," corbyn shrugged, "he didn't know that would happen, you can't blame him."

mollie had stopped replying to her boyfriend, pulling into the dunkin drive thru while corbyn watched her with a frown, "baby."

"what drink do you want?" she turned to him.