Draco Malfoy- Thirds Try a Charm? Part 1

Fat raindrops pelted down onto the misty windscreen as the wipers frantically attempted to do their job. The road in front was a blur of black tar in the middle and green patches of grass on either side.

I sighed, easing my foot off the gas slowly.

Regret started setting in. What was I thinking? I should have checked the weather before I left, after all it IS the Scottish highlands. On the other hand, when we left the house, the weather was wonderful, cloudless cerulean skies and a bright sun, who knows where that went to?

Anyways, we should spot our destination any moment, after all, a gothic mansion isn't too hard to spot in the rolling hills here.

I glanced upwards in the rear view mirror for a moment, spotting her.

Lyra was bundled up in her bright blue car seat, her tiny thumb in her mouth, the rest of her hand making a fist.

I smiled softly. She looked angelic when she slept.

As I maneuvered a familiar turn, to my left, I spotted it.

His house was a prominent grey stone structure, broad wrought iron gates standing guard in the front, well manicured lawn behind them.

At least we had arrived in one piece.

The gates automatically swung open as I turned into his long driveway, the sound of the tires rolling over the black gravel muffled by the pouring rain. I tend to forget about his magical ways, no doubt a charm of sorts.

I parked under the shelter where the main entrance was, the bright lights casting a warm feeling over my body.

Getting out of the vehicle, the crisp air invaded my lungs, bringing back familiar memories of my time spent here.

Opening the backseat door, I tried my best not to make as much noise as possible, but who was I kidding, this child could sleep through anything.

I unbuckled Lyra's seatbelt, careful not to disrupt the intricate layers of blankets and clothing I had to change her into once I realized the weather had taken a turn for the worse.

Lifting her warm body into my arms, I made my way up the stone steps and to the front door, a large family crest imprinted against the dark wood.

As of in cue, the  grand doors swung inwards, revealing a pale, little creature with pointed ears.

I grinned.

"Missy, it's good to see you again. How are the other elves? Spooner still drinking too much Firewhisky?" I spoke softly.

"Missy is delighted to see you again, mistress,  and you, lady Lyra And, yes indeed, Spooner has been consuming a lot of Firewhiskey, much to Missy's disappointment ." She took a deep bow, her pointy ears touching her toes.

Trying to contain a laugh, I motioned her to stand up straight. Lyra shifted her head on my shoulder.

"There's no need for that, Missy."

"Yes, my lady. Of course, my lady."

I shook my head.

"Is Draco here?" I inquired.

"Yes, mistress, Master Draco is on his way down from the study."

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Draco leisurely strolled down the red velvet covered stairs, a warm smile on his face.