Chapter 2

(Tobias's POV)

I'm sitting there waiting for Tris to come out when Caleb shows up. I roll my eyes to myself. He walks over to me and says 'she wanted me to tell you that if she had died in there that she didn't want to leave you, but she didn't so. . .' Then I say 'what do you mean "died in there"? Where was "there"?' Then he frowns at me and says 'she basically made me her hostage so the guards wouldn't shoot and then she herself held me at gun point and made me give her the stuff to blow up the weapons lab door' that really pissed me off. Why would Tris do anything for this piece of crap brother of hers, if she even calls him family-wait, she must still love him because I know Tris, she doesn't do anything for anybody unless she loves them or owes them something. She probably felt that it was out of love to do something so stupid like that. Caleb deserved to die, but he also deserves to live with the pain and hurt he put Tris through. I sit there after Caleb walks away and then Christina walks in and says 'how is she?' I reply 'I don't know, they haven't come out of there for an hour since they went in there. But I have a feeling that she's ok, I mean apparently she survived freaking death serum so why shouldn't she survive a few bullets?' I smirk. Wow I can't believe my girlfriend survived the deadliest serum weapon these people had! I love her so much. The doctor walks out only moments later and says 'Tris is stable. We removed all of the bullets and she is in recovery. You will be able to go in and see her in 15 minutes that is if you can wait that long?' He raises and eyebrow at me and then Christina. Christina says 'oh I can wait but I don't know about him, he's been sitting here waiting so long' then she looks at me and says 'Four, are you-do you want to go see her now?' The doctor says 'we only said 15 minutes because we wanted to give her a little time to get settled in her room and wake up. She should be awake in 15 minutes. But you may go in there now if you'd like' the doctor smiles and walks away. 'I HAVE to go see her now!' I say. 'Christina says 'I know so go! Tell her I said "hi" when she wakes up ok?!' I tell her 'ok' and then I almost break the door off its hinges when trying to get to Tris. I see her through the window of her room door. She looks so peaceful. And not so worn out and tired. I think now we can love each other and live without anymore war and fighting. No more trust issues I hope. About 10 minutes later Tris starts to wake up, she turns her head and sees me sitting there beside her holding her hand. She smiles and says 'hey' I stand up and say 'I love you Tris' and then I kiss her lips. She puts her arms around my neck and pulls back long enough to say 'I love you too Tobias!'