Chapter 16

(Tris's POV)

We walk into room 4, like the nurse said but Tobias is nowhere to be found. I tell Uriah to sit still. I walk out and tell the nurse 'where is he?' She looks at me confused. 'Where is Tobias Eaton?!' I ask. 'Ma'am if he's not in there then I have no idea. I can look into his records to see if they took him back into recovery, if you'd like?' She says. 'Yes! Please do!' I walk back to his room and I go to where Uriah is and tell him the nurse is checking to see if he's in surgery again. At that moment, I feel the cold barrel of a gun pressed to my back. Then a voice, obviously Marcus's, says 'don't scream or I will shoot you!' 'Where is Tobias?' I ask him. 'Oh he is in a much better place now!' Tears swell up in my eyes. 'What did you do with him?' I ask, anger and pain filling up inside me. 'Like I said, he is in a better place now' Marcus says. 'Thats not good enough! I want to know where the hell he is and what the hell you did to him NOW!' 'Fine! But he'll be dead by the time you get to him. He is in a warehouse on Main Street. Good luck little girl! Oh and the boy stays here with me.' I look at him with furry. 'No! He. Does. Not. Uriah is coming with me. He's already in a wheelchair. If I take him with me it will slow me down and you'll get your wish. The wish that YOUR SON is going to die for something he did not do. So I am taking Uriah with me.' He puts the gun down to his side and says 'fine! Take him.' I push Uriah out into the hallway to the elevator. 'What are you going to do?' Uriah asks. 'Im going to hide you somewhere where Marcus can't find you and then I am running as fast as I can to that warehouse. I know which one he's talking about because that's where he, my dad, and Caleb hid when erudite and dauntless attacked abnegation. I have to get a truck ride into the city though and that will take some time to convince amar! I will see you later!' I run to amars office and say 'I need a truck NOW!' He grabs a set of keys and says 'I know and I'm coming with you.' What the hell? How does he know? We hop into the truck and amar turns the key and it's petal to the metal to get to the fence. The fence is still open so it doesn't take long to get to the warehouse. 'How did you know where he was?' I ask amar. 'Because I was watching surveillance and I saw Marcus putting four in this warehouse. I ran to get the keys and right as I was leaving, you showed up!' He replies. I see Tobias laying on a bed of blankets. At least Marcus took, somewhat, care of him. He sees me and says 'tris?' He sits up holding the left side of his ribs with his right hand. I run over to him and he hugs me tight with his left arm. 'Why haven't you gotten out of here yet?' He looks down at his ankle and then I see it. Marcus chained his leg to the desk across the room. This apparently used to be an office because of the desk and chair and office supplies. I tell amar to look all around for a set if keys. 'Did Marcus do anything to you after he took you out of the hospital?' I ask Tobias. 'No! Why?' He replies. 'Because he said you wouldn't last as long as it took for us to reach you.' I say. 'GOT IT!!' Amar yells even though he's right next to us. I undo the shackle around Tobias's ankle and we run out or the warehouse.