Chapter 18

(Tris's POV)

Sorry I haven't posted in like forever guys and gals who read this. If you want to be tagged when I update, just DM me. Thanks.

Then Evelyn says...
'I had no choice but to leave. If I hadn't he would have killed me. I knew Tobias only had a few years left before who could choose to leave or not but me? No I had to get out of there as soon as I could and I found a time that I could so I took the chance but knowing he might continue beating him. Tobias I am so sorry for any and everything that has happened to before and after I left. And I hate that he lied to you for so long.' I just sit there looking at her with no emotion because this is something that I know Tobias has to fight for himself. I don't know everything about him that happened in his past. I don't know the pain he felt with each lash of that belt. I don't know the feeling of thinking my mother was dead and then find out she wasn't. Although I do know what it feels like to lose someone you love. I lost three in one day. But this is not about me. It's about Tobias. He is sitting there with a sad, confused, angry look on his face. I walk over to him and whisper in his ear 'wanna go for a walk?' He looks up and nods. I turn to Evelyn and say 'we're going for a walk to clear his mind a little bit, we'll be back soon.' And with that we walk out.