Chapter 3

(Tris's POV)

------(time lapse 3 days)--------
I wake up and Tobias isn't in the room, but Christina is. 'Heeeey!! Good news! They're releasing you today!' She says. 'Where is Tobias?' I ask. 'He had to um wash up. He's been here all day every day since your surgery' she looks kinda nervous talking about him. 'Whats wrong?' I ask. She looks at me and says 'he actually went to see Uriah, Zeke and their mom.' I can tell she's holding back tears. 'Uriah is probably not going to make it Tris' my chest feels heavy. 'Wha-what?' I ask with a hoarse voice. It's hard to swallow because I have a big lump in my throat. A tear falls on my cheek. 'When can I go see him?' I ask. 'Well whenever they let you out of here, I'll take you to him.' She says.
-------(time lapse 2hours)--------
I have just been discharged from the hospital. Christina takes me to Uriah's room. I ask her if I can be alone with him. 'Oh Uriah. Please don't leave me. You're the only best guy friend I have left. Please just stay here please!!' I am crying now. And at that moment, I feel his hand twitch as if to say "ok." I call Christina back in there and ask her if he had made any movements since hospitalization and she said 'no he hasn't done anything but lay there' then the life support machine starts beeping and Christina says 'oh my god Tris!! What did you do?' I say 'I didn't do anything but talk to him' then she says 'well whatever you said, it has worked a miracle' then she calls for the doctor. The doctor takes Uriah off the life support machine and he is breathing on his own. Apparently something he hasn't done since the explosion.