Recharging

Y/N's POV:

It had been two days since I took time off away from the office. I had started to relax and recharge my batteries. Izuku had to leave in the mornings and would come home late, but I understood why he couldn't be here all day. He was a Hero after all.

I didn't quite know what to do with my time. I hadn't had just time to do whatever since before college. I don't remember what I did back then.

The first two days I pretty much sat in my pajamas and playing on my phone. I wasn't exactly being productive. I was getting antsy just sitting around.

I got up out of bed and went over to my bookshelf. I didn't actually read all that much, but my game library was getting to be rather large. I had a terrible habit of purchasing games I thought would be fun but never actually played.

I skimmed my selection and nothing caught my eye. I was getting a bit frustrated with my indecisiveness. I was home, I had time, why was it so hard to just pick something to do to relax and occupy my time?

I huffed and flopped back onto my bed. I nuzzled back into my pillow and groaned. There had to be something that would actually occupy my mind.

I started to fall back asleep when my phone buzzed. I got excited. I hope it's Izuku. I scrambled through my sheets to find my phone and when I did my excitement faded. It was Yamamoto.

Please talk to me. I'm sorry.

Of course he was sorry. I wasn't interested in his apologies just yet. He hurt me, and he needed to take the hint that I need my space. Izuku was right, he was selfish. To think I was falling in love with him once upon a time. I sat up and started to type, but stopped. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of me responding. I deleted what I was typing and sat my phone on my nightstand.

I could feel myself getting angry. I didn't want to think of him or work while I was away from the office. It was nice to be at home and get some well deserved rest. I was at home, my safe space. I didn't want to think about work, or Yamamoto or Mr. Okino to stress me out.

Although no one has heard from Mr. Okino since the incident in his office. One of the girls from the office messaged me and let me know that because he hadn't shown up in so many days he was being let go. I was happy at that thought, no Mr. Okino in the office anymore, but it was strange. The office was his life. He loved to brag how he was the head of accounting at Pinnacle and he loved the power of the job. Even though he was awful to me I couldn't help but worry that something had happened to him.

What was I doing? I needed to stop thinking about work. I needed to do something. I looked at the clock and it was only noon. I wasn't quite hungry for lunch, and Izuku told me he would be ordering me lunch. Something about making sure I had a meal.

Izuku was really doing a lot for me. He was making sure I was eating and we took a bath together every night. He even did my laundry. He was the one working a hard job, I should be the one worrying about him.

I'm sure Izuku wouldn't want me to sit and do nothing. I know I had the idea to start writing but I haven't had the drive. I hadn't had a drive for anything. I really have lost who I was by working so much. I picked up my phone again and started to scroll my socials hoping something would inspire something in me.

I came up on an ad for a new volume of an RPG I used to play. "Trails of Cold Steel IV?!" I was that far behind! I had played the Legends of Heroes series before but I lost the desire to play after Trails To Azure.

I sprung up from the bed and went straight to the bookshelf. I skimmed my games till I found it, The Legend of Heroes; Trails from Zero. It was my favorite in the series. It had the best story and characters. I was obsessed when I was in high school.

It was decided, I was going to play this. It was perfect! A comfort game that sparks some joy and that will keep me busy for the rest of my break. The perfect way to recharge my battery!

I sat down at my desktop and started the game. I was elated, almost like I was in high school when I would start the game after a hard day of classes. I remember I would play late into the night and would get caught by my parents and yelled at for being up so late, but now that I am an adult I could stay up all night long if I wanted to.

I was about to hit start when I thought about what would make it even better. Snacks and a drink! I got up from the computer and changed out of my pajamas and slipped my hair up. I decided to just go to the convince store around the corner.

Izuku told me to let him know if I was ever going anywhere, but I was only going to be gone for 10 minutes, it shouldn't be a problem. He will never even know I was gone.