Lessons Learned

Y/n's POV

I sat in the car for a few minutes. The area was run down with only a few stores open and dilapidated apartments. I couldn't imagine many people lived in them.

Izuku said he would be right back, but it had already been about 10 minutes. I was starting to get nervous. This area was practically abandoned. There wasn't anyone around. The convince stores that were open no one was in them besides the clerks.

"This place is really creeping me out." I whispered to myself. "Why would a hero agency be set around here?

It was more secret work, so that would make sense, but this place looked like villains would be crawling around.

I scanned the apartment buildings again. Windows were broken, bricks chipped away. It reminded me of a post apocalyptic scene from a movie. A little girl came out of the main entrance of one of the buildings.

She was young, probably about 8 or 9 years old. She didn't look like the typical happy child. Her clothes were dirty and her hair was slightly matted. My heart went out to her. This was no place to raise a child. Her family most likely had no choice. She approached my car. I looked down at her through my window. Up close she looked upset. She started tapping on my door.

I rolled down my window. "Is everything alright, sweetheart?" I know Izuku said to not interact with anyone, but this was a little girl who obviously needed help.

She stood on her tip toes. "Are you a cop?"

It was a strange question. "No, I'm not, but if you need someone I can call them for you. Is everything okay?"

Her sad face faded and an evil grin appeared. "No, I'm perfectly fine, but you, you may want to call them for yourself."

"What?" What was she talking about?

Her tiny body started to contort and tentacles ripped through the back of her shirt. One of the tentacles reached into my open window and wrapped tightly around me. I started to scream and panic. She pulled me out of the car through the window. I was hung upside down in front of her.

She laughed in my face. Another of her tentacles poked at my face. "You're too nice, lady. You saw me, a sad little girl and thought you could be a hero and help me." Her smile faded. "Give me everything in your wallet and any valuables in your car." She held out her hand.

She squeezed me tighter. "Izuku!" I screamed for him. I was being crushed. I could feel myself getting light headed. "Help me!"

She laughed at me again. "No ones going to come help you! This place is littered with villains! Just give me what I want."

I didn't know when he would be back. I had no choice. "O-okay, I'll give you what I have." I was starting to pass out from the lack of oxygen.

"Was that so hard?" She taunted as she lowered me to the ground.

As the grip loosened I started gasping to get fresh air into my lungs. "You have no idea how much trouble you are in." I said between breaths.

She didn't seem bothered. "Oh and why's that?"

"Because you decided to hurt what's mine."

The girl turned around to find Izuku standing behind her. His face was furious. "Who do you think you are? What made you think it was okay to hurt my Doll?"

"Y-you, I'm sorry. I didn't know you knew her. I would have never if I had known." She got on her knees. "Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry." She was begging.

Izuku reached out and pulled her up by the collar of her shirt. Rage was filling his eyes. He raised a fist and was getting ready to swing.

I got up and wrapped my arms around the child. I pulled her out of his grip. "Izuku, stop! She's a child!" I knew she hurt me, but I didn't want Izuku to hurt her. "I'm okay, everything is okay. She is terrified, she's learned her lesson."

She nodded quickly. "Yes, I've learned my lesson! I'm sorry for disrespecting you!" She was crying now.

I set her down. "Go home, don't do something like this again." I gently pushed her away from the car. She quickly ran off.

Izuku took a deep breath. "I wasn't actually going to hurt her. She is a child, and that was a lesson as to what happens to villains." He quickly wrapped his arms around me. "Are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?"

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. "Yes, I'm okay. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I thought she needed help." I don't know why, but in this moment I only felt safe with him.

He kissed my forehead. "It's okay, puppy. I'm just glad you are okay. Let's go home okay?"

I agreed. Izuku drove home. He insisted that he be the one who drives from now on. We were both silent on the drive. He reached over and held my hand. It was calming.

We made our way through the garage to the elevator.  We stepped in. It was just the two of us.

He looked tired. He was probably hungry being he didn't get to eat his food. I was happy to be home with him. "I'm sorry, Izuku. I didn't quite under why you didn't want me going out alone. I do now. I promise that I won't go out without you again. Or at least go out and not tell you I did." I felt guilty for not trusting his judgment.

He turned and rested a hand on my cheek. "I'm sorry too, Puppy. I never wanted you to feel scared." He kissed the tip of my nose. The door opened on my level and we exited.

"How about I heat up your lunch when we get back?" We we're walking slowly.

He ruffled my hair. "I would like that."