Lost Without You

"Standing on the platform, watching you go"

It was for the best she had told herself as she watched how Katniss and Peeta boarded the train back to District 12. "Are you going to be okay, Princess?"Haymitch asked carefully, studying her as she forced a smile on her face. "I'm going to be okay. They'll need you more than I do."She answered, stroking a wrinkle out of his shirt. "You know, I'm going to miss you?"

"It's like no other pain, I've ever known"

"And I'm going to miss you, Haymitch."She said back as his arms wrapped around pulling her in a hug as she inhaled his scent for probably the last time ever. Was she going to be okay without him? How did she manage it before? "I guess, I'll have to go now."He muttered, slowly pulling back from her. "I think so."She said softly. "You're going to be fine."

"To love someone so much, to have no control"

"Farewell, Haymitch."She whispered as the doors closed behind him, ignoring the single tear that rolled down her cheek as the train took off, taking her three people away from her. The Capitol was no place for them to stay even after the war but it did not mean it hurt less that she had to let them go. It was for the better...

"You said, "I want to see the world""

She would only be a reminder of what the war took from them. They had to go home and she stayed here, the place that used to be her home. Was it ever? 

"And I said, "Go""

But it was okay. It was for the best. They were going to be okay and that was all that mattered to her. 

"But I think I'm lost without you"

She will just simply hold on...

"I just feel crushed without you"

Before she managed because she reminded herself she would see him back when the Games started again. But now, she had to hold on to the idea that they will be okay. That after all the pain and loss they went through. They will be fine. Maybe it was not with her. But that was okay. As long as they'll be okay than she will be okay.