I believe, I care about you

She stared at the young woman that stood ready for the propaganda they were going to shoot. The mockingjay, the face of the rebellion but Effie could see the hurt in her eyes. "Cinna's final touch."She said as she made her way to Katniss pinning the mockingbird on her outfit. "Everyone out there is gonna want to kiss you, kill you or be you."She added before stepping back away, watching her from the sideline. "Perfect, absolutely perfect. Okay let's bring up the settings."Plutarch's voice sounded through the room as Katniss looked around her expecting something to change which wasn't happening. "Little wind."He said next as the ventilators started to blow. "Okay, Katniss. We're gonna start you down on one knee and as you rise up you gonna hold your flag in the air and deliver your line. And remember you just stormed the outskirts of the Capitol, arm in arm with your brothers and sisters."Plutarch explained as Katniss went down on one knee. "Whenever you're ready."He added giving Katniss the time to prepare herself as Effie watched silently. "People of Panem we fight, we dare, we..."She started not finishing her line. "Does she know the line?"Plutarch asked as Effie looked at the glass he stood behind. "Yeah, I know, I know it."Katniss quickly said going back down. "She is warming up."Effie quickly said with a glare. "Okay, okay. Alright, with energy. Go."Plutarch said. "People of Panem we fight, we dare to end this hunger for justice!"Katniss yelled. "You've just been in battle!I'm...I'm sorry, I'm sorry.Excuse my...You've just been in battle. Let's try it again, whenever you're ready."Plutarch said. "People of Panem, we fight, we dare to end this hunger for justice!"Katniss said again as Effie nodded her head at each word but an unsure expression was on her face as the line seemed to be said without any emotion, not that she couldn't understand that. It was totally understandable. She wanted to say something when someone suddenly clapped causing her to turn around to face the person to find Haymitch entering the room. "And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies."He exclaimed looking around as she couldn't help to stare at him as he went towards Katniss. "Hello, Katniss."He greeted not paying any attention to her as she stood still on the same spot. "Is this how you greet an old friend?"He asked. "Maybe I don't recognize you sober."Katniss said back. "I guess it looks as bad as it feels."He said back not paying any attention to Effie as Katniss walked away leaving the room as she was now alone with Haymitch who was still facing the place Katniss stood. "Effie."Was all he said with a curt nod as she couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow at him. "Is that really the first thing you say to me?"She asked skeptical. "You've left me behind and didn't even mind to visit me since I've been in this...This district and all you can come up with is my name!?"She yelled angry as Haymitch looked rather amused to her. "Don't get your panties in a twist, sweetheart."He said with a smirk as a groan escaped her lips as she threw the card she was holding at him angry. "You're unbelievable!"She hissed angry stomping towards the door, a part of her wanting that Haymitch would stop her but another part of her didn't want that. "Effie, I was just messing with you."He said causing her to stop by the door. "And I wasn't."She said back with a sigh, turning around to look at him. "I cared about you, I looked after you, I loved you."She summed up, tears in her eyes. "And you just left me there."She whispered heartbroken. "I couldn't risk to take you with me, Effs."He whispered back taking a step closer to her as she shook her head. "But you could risk to put me in more danger?"She asked back. "I...just ignore what I said."She whispered leaving the room.

--------------------------------------

All Haymitch could do was watch her from a distance, not finding the courage to face her again after the words they exchanged, more specifically the words she said to him. Every single one of them hit him right in the feelings and he only realized now how selfish he had been thinking the whole time. He thought there was nothing left there, nothing he cared about but he was always looking right over the one person he cared about deeply, Effie. "You look bad and I know it's normally due to you being sober but I feel like there is more now."Beetee remarked as he put his plate next to Haymitch's. "There is nothing else."He quicky said back shoving his plate away from him. "You should talk to her, it couldn't get worser than your last conversation."Beetee said back ignoring the glare Haymitch gave him before leaving the room.

Effie looked curious up as Haymitch suddenly left the room, leaving Beetee alone who sat now lonely at a table feeling her gaze on him, he shrugged his shoulders with a small smile. "Don't you think you should talk with him?"Katniss asked carefully, watching her reaction closely. "He should talk to me if he wants to."She answered immediately with a huff. "I'm not running after him like I used to do."She added her eyes going back to the place where Haymitch dissapeared in. "But you're going to ignore everything like you used to."Katniss murmured stirring the food on her dish a bit. "Excuse me?"Effie said schocked. "You love him ever since the beginning. Peeta and I agreed on that part and now you're going to ignore those feelings again because the both of you are too stubborn to realize it."She explained with a shrug. "It's obvious."

-------------------------------------

"Effie?"Haymitch said surprised as she stood in the doorway of his room. "I think we should talk."She said softly entering the room as she closed the door behind her. "I thought you didn't want to see me ever again."He murmured confused hearing how a sigh escaped her lips at that. "Isn't that what I always said to you when you were drunk again?"She asked back taking a seat on his bed as it was the only place where she could decently sit as the chairs were used here for closet purposes. Something she was going to change once this conversation was over with. "Come."She said patting the place next to her as he sat slowly down next to her, his eyes fixed on her. "I'm sorry for what I did."He said quickly. "I should have never left you behind there."He added taking her hand in his as she looked up, meeting his grey eyes. "I should not hold you responsible for it."She said back. "It is also my fault."She added carefully. "How could this all be your fault also?"He asked slightly confused. "Because I never realized how much you meant to me."She explained cupping his cheek in her hand. "Till you left me."She added softly. "I'm never gonna let you out of my sight."He whispered leaning closer towards her, his lips hoovering close by hers as she closed the distance, pressing her lips against his as he immediately reacted to it, pushing her down onto the bed. "I believe, I care about you, sweetheart."