8. Royal duties

Mateo's pov

"What are we gonna do" Noah asks from the end of the table where he is sitting. "I don't know" I shrug. 

"Well you cant stay married to her" Jackson pitches in. "Do you think I don't know that already. Its all that's been on my mind" I raise my tone, getting annoyed with the whole situation. 

All 3 of us sit in the castles dining room. Away from everyone so we can talk about this whole marriage thing since I blew it off yesterday to bake cookies with Conner and Phoebe. 

"You can tell your mom. She would under stand, shes a very calm person" Noah suggests. I stay silent thinking. 

"That's a good idea. She wont tell my father if I tell her not to either" I think on the idea. "Ill tell her in a week. Until then its still under wraps" I utter and stand up from my chair. 

"Why not now and when are you gonna tell Conner" Jackson questions. "I just want to make sure I am making the right decision so I need a week to think and I will probably never tell Conner" 

"What do you mean you might not ever tell Conner" Jackson raises his tone as he stands up from his seat. "I don't know" I yell, getting tired of it all "I'm going over to the girls house" I utter, walking out of the room. 

______________

I knock on the door and Conner answers it with a big smile on her face like usual. "Hey lovers boy" She utters, opening the door wider for me to come in. 

Conner's pov

I lay on the couch, watching YouTube in a t shirt and shorts. My hair in a messy pony tail. A knock at the door interrupts me and I get off the couch. I look out the window to see who it is. Mateo. 

I rush to the door with a smile. I love it when he comes over. We always have so much fun together. 

He stands with a grey hoodie on and a pair of black jeans. His brown hair the way it usually is. 

"Hey loves boy" I greet him with a smile as I open the door wider for him to come in. "Hey" He smiles back, showing his dimples on either side of his face. He steps into the house and walks into the kitchen, I follow behind him. 

"What brings you over here" I ask him and sit on the counter top. "I was wondering if you wanted to go for a coffee with me" He utters and and leans up against the counter beside me. 

"Sure, whats the occasion. Is it a date" I tease and open my mouth in shock. "No its not, I just need a break from everything and to get out of the house" He utters and pokes my leg. 

I giggle and hop down from the counter. "Ill meet you down here after I get changed" I utter with a smile before walking up stairs, leaving him in the kitchen. 

I into a white dress with some little blue flowers on it. I brush my hair and let it down instead of putting it up. 

I make my way back downstairs and Mateo waits for me by the door. 

"You look good" He looks my body up and down before we meet eyes. "Thanks" I smile with my cheeks turning red. 

Mateo opens the door for me and we walk to his car. 

______________

We arrive at the cafe and we get a table outside since its a very nice day out. We both order a coffee and wait for it to come. 

"This is such a cute cafe" I look around me at everything. "Yeah, this is my favourite cafe to come to" Mateo utters, looking at me. 

I finish looking around and the waiter comes to give us our coffee's. "You too make a cute couple" He smiles as he sets down the cups. 

"We aren't dating" Mateo and I correct him at the same time. "Oh in that case can I get your number" The waiter asks. Not gonna lie, he isn't that bad looking. Hes got dirty blonde hair and a bunch of freckles. 

Before I get a chance to say anything Mateo quickly stands up. "How about you fuck off" The Greek accent in his voice coming through stronger. Who knew accents could be so attractive. 

I stand up and step in between Mateo and the waiter. "Mateo, lets just go" I try to calm him down. "Who asks out a girl while shes at a table with another guy" Mateo spits in the guys face. 

"Mateo" The waiter thinks to himself "Mateo Alvarez, no way its you" The waiter finally pin points him but how does he know Mateo. 

Probably just old friends that left things on a bad foot. 

"Come on, lets just go home" I take his hand and pull him to the car. He reluctantly follows me. "What was that about" I ask him as we step into the car. 

"That guy shouldn't have been asking you out. I was sitting right there even if we aren't dating" He scoffs and tightens his grip on the steering wheel. "Are you jealous" I tease with a cheeky smile. 

"No. That guy was just stupid" He utters with a stern voice, keeping his gaze on the road. "I think you were jealous" I tease again. He just stays quiet. 

The end