22. Everything comes at a cost

Conner's pov

Mateo comes back into the bathroom with my hair brush and starts combing it through my hair. 

It has been a couple of days since the hot tub thing and we haven't talked about it much. 

"Got any plans for today" I ask him as he works his way to the back of my hair. "Nothing except heading back to the castle to do some paperwork" He shrugs. 

"Can I come with. I haven't seen Phoebe in a little bit" I ask him, looking at him through the mirror in front of us.  "Of course you can" He kiss the side of my head quickly. 

Once he finishes combing my hair I teach him how to french braid it. He surprisingly was born a natural.  

We walk out of the bathroom and down stairs to where everyone else is. "We are heading to the castle so we will be back soon" I say as I grab the keys off the coffee table. "Can we come" Hannah asks, pointing to everyone on the couch. "Sure" I shrug, glancing back at Mateo who gives me a slight nod of approval. 

Hannah and Gabbie cheer as they make their way to the car. "They are nuts" Mateo whispers over to me. "My friends are nuts" I scoff "Look at yours" I point behind us to Jackson carrying Noah on his back, both laughing their asses off. 

"I think we should ditch them and get new ones" He laughs. "Good idea" I smile. 

____________

Phoebe comes running towards me with her arms wide open. "Conner" She squeals, wrapping herself around me. 

"Hey Phoebe. Long time no see" I smile and hug her back. 

"Can we please go play" She pulls away from the hug and takes my hand, trying to pull me some wheres. "Of course just give me a second. Why don't you go to your room and I will meet you there" I give her a fist bump before she runs down one of the many hallways and up the stairs. 

Gabbie, Jackson, Noah, and Hannah all wonder off, leaving just me and Mateo. 

A girl walks in with shorts on and a crop top that barely covers anything. Her long brown hair that looks so damaged covers what the top can't. Her self spray tan is patching in some spots and she has an enough make up for the entire world. 

An: I don't mean any hate by this. Wear as much make up as you want and do your hair however you want and wear what ever clothes you want, don't let anyone stop you I am just trying to get her character across to the readers. 

 "Hey Mateo" She flirts with him. She pops out her hip and and puts her hands on her waist. "Hey Cassidy" He rolls his eyes as he snakes his arm around my back, pulling me closer to him.

"Are you still single cause I would love for you to take me on a date" She bites her bottom lip , trying to look hot but failing. I would love to take her out on a date with my fists right now. 

"Cassidy, I have a girlfriend so fuck off" He fakes a smile then turns to me.

"I'm gonna go get some paper work done in the office" He kisses the side of my head. "Okay, I am going to go play with Phoebe" I smile and walk down the same hallway she went down. 

As I walk away the girl gives me a dirty look, thinking I can't see her but I have eyes in the back of my head. I can see everything

I go up the stairs to see a couple other hallways and more doors than I can count. 

I open a couple and they are just filled with junk. Others are guest bedrooms I am assuming. 

I open another one and it has some posters on the wall and the bed looks slept in. It couldn't hurt to take a look around.