u - me veo cara?

chapter one - do i look expensive?

——

One more time.

Have some composure.

Where is your posture?

I ran my hands down my hair, fixing and tucking a few strands behind my ear in place before strutting down the long hallway I had been in for the last thirty minutes, practicing a rather bad version of a catwalk.

Approaching the end of the hall, I stopped abruptly, rolling my eyes. My exterior was not so convincing, I didn't even have to look in the mirror to confirm it.

My eyes accidentally found their way over to my parent's room, my interior walls crashing down immediately as I let out a deep sigh. My stomach tied in knots, angst sensations coursing through my body at the remembrance of them.

They might've been a pain in the ass sometimes, but they were the only family I had.

I missed them entirely.

I was alone.

I was scared.

The sudden change of events happened entirely too fast, I struggled to process it all, a great mix of emotions living inside me. The gloominess and change of climate didn't help and the news was flooded with mysterious attacks.

I wanted to give up.

I groaned in frustration, shaking my head as I angrily walked back to my room. Stopping, I completely disregarded my emotions, as if they've never existed.

I needed to stop getting distracted, I couldn't have emotions to feed off of. That was the past. My focus was on what was ahead of me now. A new start, a new school, new beginnings.

It would only be an endurance of two years and then I'd pursue what I would want to become. A singer. Or a potions mistress? I had an odd interest in music and potions. I guess it was a perfect mix of muggle and witch characteristics.

My eyes scanned over the array of heels, shoes, and clothes on the floor, some scattered across my bed very messily before groaning in frustration once more.

I was to leave for Hogwarts tomorrow morning and not only could I not convince myself I was fine, but I still was unpacked.

I reached down on the floor and grabbed my favorite pair of heels, which were glitter block heels, slipping them on. I snatched a Coach Swinger handbag that was on the floor before walking over to my vanity and aggressively opened a large jewelry box. I had necklaces, rings and other jewelry pieces that were only touched every once in a while since I didn't fancy them too much.

I wasn't the flashy type, but my mother and father were. In fact, they were the definition of luxury. This led to them constantly gifting me luxurious and expensive items I would rarely wear; Chanel bags, Gucci clothes, Dior sunglasses, Cavalli shoes, and much more. At this point, my walk-in closet was filled with more clothes I never really wore than clothes I actually wore on a daily basis.

I only ever lavishly accessorized or slipped on an outfit or dress out of my tastes when I'd go to parties, dancehalls or snuck into one of my father's own clubs or dancehalls. Of course for special occasions as well but the main point is, that it was a rare occurrence to see me in such clothes and accessories for daily wear.

Nonetheless, I was grateful and appreciative of the life and things I had. I didn't let all of our luxuries and materialistic things get the best of me though; I prided myself in being humble and not the snobby rich girl some would assume me to be. I was just your average girl, your average teenager.