quatre - entrant al joc

chapter four - entering the game

I was getting really comfortable with Harry, more so than Draco. It didn't hit me that I was becoming friends with the Harry Potter, until a little after Harry and I got to know each other in potions. During my time being homeschooled, my professors would mention the name ever so often, the latest news on him being that a dark wizard had come back and was after him. I never knew what he looked like and didn't care to ever ask for some picture of him either. Now here I was next to him, going to school with him, befriending him, falling for him.

I'm glad at first glance I didn't recognize Harry, otherwise I wouldn't know how to act. I would probably make a fool out of myself, in front of The Boy Who Lived. Surprisingly, this news changed nothing. For the most part, everyone acted as if he was a normal person and that's the vibe Harry gave off. He didn't care for the fame or attention.

Harry guided us through the halls and ways of the castle, occasionally turning back to make sure I was following him. He showed me how to navigate and not get lost, especially with the ever-changing staircases, which I told the story of how Ron found me.

We joked around the entire way until we stopped and entered a decent-sized classroom. It was on the ground floor of Hogwarts and was near the staff room of which I saw a couple of Professors inside. Harry informed me that the classroom was originally on the fifth floor but was moved to this area this year.

The classroom was quite a sight to look at that I couldn't stop my hungry eyes from roaming around the room. It had five tiered floor levels that were configured in a wide U-shape, with affixed bench-type seats and rectangular side desks that could extend to be in front of you if needed. The front of the classroom was the first level, and the wall had see through windows and a door in the middle that led to an extended part of the classroom. The room was too dark for me to see through it but there was a small sign on the top of the door frame that read 'Muggle Technology".

A stair pathway leading down to the front of the room separated the seating so there were two sets, one on each side of the room. Portraits of muggle musicians were displayed on the walls, including some I had never seen before. The portraits of singers and musicians all moved, some by posing or dancing. Floating instruments such as electric guitars, flutes, clarinets, and many more were hovered above every other portrait. It seemed the instruments matched the artist, the portrait of Elvis Presley had a double neck guitar floating above it.

A harp was in the corner of the front of the classroom playing itself, along with a piano doing the same but on the opposite side.

Harry and I took our seats down in the very front on the left. He didn't want to but I urged him to do so since I was intrigued by the class in general and wanted a good seat so I could soak in all the information. Of course, he gave in.

There were already a few people settled in their seats and after a few seconds, the class was filled and in came our Professor after them. He walked down to the front and I instantly recognized him, he was the smallest man at the staff table. He grabbed his wand from his pocket and waved it swiftly in the direction of the piano and harp and the musical instruments put a stop to the tune they were playing.

Class began and the tiny man introduced himself as Professor Flitwick, which he also announced that he was the Charms teacher. I smiled at this since I had Charms this week so that meant I'd have two classes with Flitwick.

I didn't mind this since Flitwick and his class setting were the total opposite compared to Snape and his class environment. He came across as a nice, patient, laid back teacher and respected his students.