The Invasion

Berry woke up to their parents scrambling around, they crawled out of bed. "What's wrong?.." They drowsily said, pushing their light brown hair out of their eyes. "Pack your bags, now!" Berry's mom, Holly, yelled. "Are you kidding?" Berry asked, their blue eyes widening in concern.

        "Just listen to us!" Their dad yelled, shoving a few backpacks at them. Along with a handgun, hunting knife, and an AR-15. They had learned how to shoot while hunting with their father. "Why are you giving me this?!" Berry screamed, having so many questions. Trent, their baby brother was shoved into their arms.

         But just then... the door bursted in, Berry covered the child's head as aliens in silver plated armor rushed in. Shots were immediately fired as Berry rushed into a closet, shutting their one year olds brothers mouth. The last thing they heard was the pleading from their parents. Then 2 shots were fired, their parents had turned to dust.

          "No..." They teared. Everything soon became clear, this was an attack on humanity. The aliens stomped out of the house as Berry hesitantly came out of hiding, covering Trent still. They needed to make it to Haydens.

          Hayden was downstairs hiding with her sisters behind clothes, until they heard the heavy metal stomps coming down the stairs. It was so quiet you could hear a butterflies wings flutter. Soon the quietness was broken by her sisters screams, she pushed herself deeper into her hiding spot, keeping hidden.

           She was balling her eyes out quietly, not believing this was happening. First her parents were eliminated and now her sisters?! This wasn't fair.. it wasn't fair! This was a humans planet that belonged to humanity, not the aliens! Her hands shivered as she heard them go back upstairs, and after a bit... she heard a smaller steps down the stairs.

           "Hayden?..." a familiar voice spoke. "Skillet?" She poked her head out, seeing her friend geared up for this. "You're alive.." Berry's smile grew. Hayden jumped out, hugging them, crying.

           Eventually another group of five.... humans?! Broke into Haydens basement, Jacob with his dual axes, Ethan with his katana, Julia with a knife,Chrystina with a crossbow and Kendal with a baseball bat. Almost like the saviors. Ethan slung his bag around and handed Hayden a pistol. "Come on guys, we need to get to my cabin. The woods are the only safe zone." Jacob commanded.

         Berry looked at Hayden, grabbing her hand and following the rest out the door. Immediately they started coughing, the clouds were lower than they were a few minutes ago. But the group soon realized, these were not clouds.. these were dead people. Aliens guns turn humans into dust..

          The group heard a dog behind them, it was Chief! Berry's dog that was a light colored labradoodle. Berry glanced in their bag and saw some dog food and treats. They made it to the cabin and flooded in, unloading their things.