Scouting Trip Turned Deadly

"Berry, is this a good idea?.." Sherman asked, edging closer to them. "Well.. no but we need to keep our woods safe." They responded, loading their gun. Hayden was keeping Trent close to her, Chief placed at Berry's side.

Trent was old enough for his first mission, he was three now. Jason and Noah walked behind the group, keeping guard. Chrystina was stood to Kendal, both having guns. Suddenly they saw a figure running at them with a bunch of aliens chasing behind.

At least eight aliens.. Everyone aimed while Chief sprinted forward, biting on of the aliens neck out. The bullets deflected off the aliens armor, only a few hitting them in the aliens bare necks. They spilt, diving for cover. Berry grabbed the figure that was running from the alien, "Chase?.." They gasped, hugging him. "Who?" Sherman looked over.

"Not the time! We still have three aliens!" Chrystina fired, hitting the alien, breaking through a dent in his armor. He fell to the ground limp, his teal blood staining the ground. Chase was breathing heavily as Trent wobbled around with a gun that was too big for his body. He fired as the shot flew past Haydens head, "AH! You almost hit me!" She scolded, running back to the cabin.

Aiden took Haydens place, another wave of aliens appeared, marching. "There are way too many, we have to retreat!" Chrystina commanded as everyone listened, Chief knocked one more alien down as they sprinted back to the cabin.
Just as Berry turned back to look behind them, they watched Jason turn to dust. They couldn't let this slow them down.

They rushed over their makeshift bridge, while Noah and Jason started pulling it up with the two pieces of rope attached. Another blast was fired right Aidens head, "Jesus!" He yelled, "Jesus can't save you now!" Berry responded from farther away. But, the aliens wouldn't swim- were they afraid of the water?

Noah knelt down and splashed the water at the aliens, they stepped back and fled as fast as they came. Aiden collapsed on the ground, exhausted. Noah was processing how he watched his best friend for years quite literally turn to dust. Berry glanced at Sherman, "Are you alright dude?" They asked. "I'm fine." Sherman looked at Chrystina, she had a shocked look on her face.

Chief whimpered and sat down next to Berry, "We should head back." Berry sighed, slouching back to the cabin, everyone following shortly behind. Aiden was helping Noah, cradling Noah's arm around his neck. Kendal was tending to an open wound on Chrystinas upper arm as she walked.

The walk was silent, the group missed when they joked around with eachother all those years back. "Chase- god you scared me.. I forgot we saved you." Berry slightly smiled. "It was a tough journey here... especially without weapons" He responded, looking at the ground.

"I know how the aliens knew about humanity." Chase looked at Berry solemnly, "What do you mean?.." Noah caught interest in the conversation as a bunch of other eyes focused on Chase.

"Julia Anne Blake"