The Final Countdown

Sherman got up to see Jacob sitting next to his bed, he pushed himself back quickly, "Jacob?!" He yelled. "Listen..I don't want to do this." Jacob sniffled, a small tear rolled down his cheek. Suddenly a crash came down against Jacob's head. As Jacob fell to the ground, Hayden stood behind him as Berry had rope in hand. They quickly rushed in and tied Jacob's ankles and wrists together as they sat him against a wall.

    "Well now we have Julia's guinea pig.. what do we do?" Sherman mumbled, crossing his arms. "He's more than a guinea pig.." Noah responded, spinning on one foot and turning to face the others. "Go take down space?" Berry said, a smirk. Hayden put her arm around them, "What they said!" She cheered. Chrystina stared at the two with a small grin, "We are leaving in an hour.. be ready!" Kendal spoke up as the teens spread out.

      Berry strapped on their armor, flipping on their chest plate. They stared at themselves in the mirror, Berry's eye squinted. Spit came out of their mouth and onto the mirror, "Prove yourself to them scum..." They muttered as the green visor came down. Berry swiped their blaster off the nearby dresser and stepped out, heading to the ship and began waiting for the others.

      Kendal stepped in, "God I much rather be in one of those tanks like the rest of humanity!" She groaned, strapping herself to the passenger seat in the front. "That ship must be fucking huge to store all of humanity." Noah snickered, entering the cockpit. He placed himself in the pilots seat, scanning the controls. Chrystina and Hayden stepped in, speaking about the plan. Finally, Sherman came in with Trent and Chief, "I brought reinforcements." He giggled at this, "They are staying in here. You got the gun? To kill Julia?" Chrystina asked. Sherman reached at his right side and took out a blaster he modified.

       "Hold on tight.." Noah began flipping a few switches with the aliens language on them. Finally- pressing his hand on the "return to mother ship." button. The ship started lifting as they all held onto eachother for dear life. Soon everything stared shaking as they left their planets atmosphere, Noah carefully maneuvering the ship between incoming drops and fellow shuttles lifting back- giving them cover. Their armor also helped since no one could recognize them for who they really were.

Humans.

    The ship was moving at high speeds- probably to their fate. Berry unbuckled from their seat, pushing their nose against the back window, watching the big blue planet beginning to get smaller and smaller.. "Estumantes tres, ote heur." The voice over the intercom spoke. "Estimated time, one hour." Chrystina translated, laying down on the bunk bed that had been stripped of its covers.

     This is the final battle, they must not fail. Talk about pressure at its finest- this is their last hope. Hayden grabbed Berry's shoulder pad, starting to tear up, "I don't want to lose you.. I don't want to lose any of you!" She wrapped her arms around Berry's bulky armor and squeezed them tightly. "Don't worry.. We will all survive." Berry worried that their statement would he proven wrong but they couldn't worry about that.. they need to focus on the objective.

     Kendal peeked back and lifted Trent onto her lap, shutting the door to the cockpit so the toddler wouldn't have to see his sibling in pain. Sherman messed with Chiefs fur, not knowing if this would be the last dog he'd see. "Artiving ar sederation." The voice spoke as they saw the humongous ship- at least half the size of the sun. The group stared in horror at the size, shaking violently at its Intimidation. Noah slowly pulled into the ships gravitational pull, nearly being sucked in as he searched for an open hangar. He slowly turned as the ship lightly shook, the group grabbing their weapons and locking Trent and Chief in the armory with food and other supplies.

    The ramp lowered as the group stepped out, Chrystina, Berry, Hayden, Sherman, Kendal, then Noah coming out last. All of them looked at eachother for reassurance and hugged eachother one last time. "See you all soon.." Chrystina saluted as they all spread out, searching for the main generator. The plan now was one.. one had to die so the rest could escape. They'd fire a bullet so it would lodge into the generator, causing an energy build up and then an explosion. How they'd get humanity off is that three others will hold the aliens off as the last one leads them to the getaway ships they pinpointed with the camera.

   It was a plan that had many fouls, this is what they need to do. Their radios would help them communicate between one another and tell them when to fire. Now all that was left was to execute the final plan. This was it-

Time to kill Julia.