The Aftermath

Berry wiped the blood from the cut across their eye, Hayden was holding a rag over a slit on her thigh, Aiden and Jason were overall fine. Chrystina wasn't horribly injured, Sherman was holding his wound. Berry ripped a piece off of their shirt and wrapped it around their face.

     "We need to get that bullet out of your arm." Hayden knelt down, "I have some rubber gloves." Aiden got two out of a pocket of his bag. Berry took them from Aiden, "What a great time, my mother was a paramedic." They put the gloves on and carefully reached in Ethans wound, finding the bullet that was stopped by his bone.

      They slowly pulled it out as Sherman screamed, squirming around. Chrystina and Hayden held him still as they got the bullet out. "Got it!" They yelled as Hayden started bandaging his wound. "Thanks.." Ethan took a deep breath, still recovering from the pain.

        Jason plucked Noah up from the ground and carried him back to the cabin. They flooded into the rather big cabin, covered in blood. Some their own and the other part was their enemy. Sherman laid down in Jacob's old bed, remembering his bestfriend. Ethan broke as he started sobbing into the pillow.

           Everyone else needed a break, Chief came over and sat beside Berry, "Hey boy.." They patted his head. Trent wobbled over, making his happy baby sounds. They others stepped in as Kendal finally noticed us, she was making dinner.

           "What the hell happened to you guys?!" She yelled, examining them all injured and covered in blood. "We just went through hell... also Jacob and Julia are now dust by the way.. I got them both in separate jars." Hayden held up two clear Mason Jars with dust in them, like their souls almost.

            Kendal looked down, "So they are dead.." A small tear appeared in her eye. "I mean if we look outside all we see is dust... which basically means corpses are everywhere." Chrystina awkwardly said, trying to make the situation sound better but only making it worse. "Where did Sherman go?" Kendal asked, sounding concerned. "He's fine, we got attacked by this gang and he got shot in the shoulder.."

             "WHAT?!" Kendal screamed. "It's fine! We got the bullet out!" Berry quickly told her. "He is in Jacob's room, resting" Hayden added. "And we also saved these three except Noah got knocked out." Everyone looked to see Jason carrying Noah bridal style."See?" Chrystina pointed back at them with her thumb.

              Kendal looked at their clothes and took a whiff of the smells, gagging immediately. Hayden snuck under Noah and lifted him up, carrying him to another bedroom. Everyone stated impressed, Hayden was small. It was kinda scary honestly.

          Berry grabbed some new clothes as others emptied the bags from their shopping trip. They came back after taking a shower, luckily the water was still running so there has to be other people alive somewhere. But something was obvious, aliens don't stand a chance without their guns.

           Soon, everyone had cleaned themselves and changed into new clothes. Everything felt much better- after all, after these events went down... even a warm shower could make it a bit better. The cabin was heated. Chief was playing around with Trent, Berry was hanging out with Sherman in Jacob's room, Chrystina and Hayden were outside, cutting down trees. The other three boys were with Kendal, explaining everything that happened.

            For now, everything was perfect.. almost normal they thought. Aliens never came into the woods, the most they would get were younglings. Apparently their was now a legend where humans were the bad guys and took the planet from their species. Chief stayed look out, growling if he saw anything come near.

            Almost immediately as they saw Chief, younglings fled in fear. It was thought they had never seen a dog before and thought of it as a monstrous creature. "Who's such a good boy!" Berry gave them a treat, petting him. "I love this.." Jason said in enjoyment as he took a bite of beans out of a can. "You know we have other food right?" Hayden looked up from playing with Trent. "But I like this." Jason frowned and turned away.