Ah shit.

The shot blew past Julia and hit the generator as it started sparking and burning. Chase escaped from her grasp, "Run now!" Berry motioned the gun towards the doorway. Julia swung to grab him again but he had ran too fast as he hugged Berry before leaving, "Be safe." He left. Hayden snatched Berry's arm and aimed with them, Haydens finger moved and pulled the trigger. The shot went clean through Julia's head as the two looked at eachother, "We have to go... Now!" Berry grabbed Haydens arm as they fired one last shot into the generator and control panels. The two ran down the thin corridors with the loud alarm squishing their brains.

"There!" Hayden pointed at a one person ship. "Dingus- that won't fit the both of us!" "But it's the only one left." Hayden motioned at a board with a bunch of red lights above ships and the singular green one, the one they are staring at. Finally a timer took the place of the alarm- 60 seconds started. "It's now or never."
59, 58, 57..
"I'm not leaving you here."
46, 45, 44..
"It's your only choice."
39, 38, 37
"I'm not going!"
29, 28, 27
"I'll miss you.."
17, 16, 15
"I'll miss you too."
10, 9, 8
"Goodbye."
3..2..1.
The escape pod zoomed away with one of them in it.