Christmas with the Pals'

Frankly, none of them remembered it was Christmas until they came downstairs to the whole cabin being decorated, even the tree had ornaments from old utensils. A few wrapped gifts were under the tree has Hayden stood in front, "Merry Christmas!" She yelled.

      Berry looked at the tree, "Cool.." They smirked, running downstairs. It'd been awhile since they celebrated the holiday due to them being busy. Sherman poured himself a glass of wine and sat down, relaxing. Noah opened gifts, they gifts were basically some cool things Hayden found while scavenging stores. Although he couldn't be more thankful.

      Chrystina approached Hayden with a wrapped gift, "I got you something." She smiled. Hayden tore it open, inside was a stuffed dog, tubby. Haydens eyes shot up at Chrystina as she hugged her, "Thank you Thank you Thank you!" She cheered as Chrystina spun her around. This is the happiest the group had been since Jason died.

        Aiden handed Noah a gift, it was a small bone from an alien. "Thanks?.." Noah tilted his head at the strange gift. Berry handed Sherman a gift, it was a confederate flag. "Thanks.." He smiled lightly. It wasn't much but in a situation like this, a little makes someone grateful.

         Hayden gave Chrystina some stale goldfish crackers, honestly Chrystina thought it was better than nothing. They had a Christmas feast with some food lying around. Chase cooked with Kendal beside him as Hayden set the table. While the rest just sat there talking about how life was before the apocalypse.

          It had finally been a day to relax and not worry about being turned to dust right in front of our friends eyes. They ate, savoring every bite as if it was their last meal. Well... every meal felt like a last meal for them. Except of an execution, you were getting shot by these aliens that had overthrown Earth. Same thing.

          Noah had changed although, he used to be this Christian boy that didn't cuss ever. Everybody missed when he was like that, ever since Jason died.. he has fell quiet, slowly converting to an atheist. It was true if a God did exist, he would've put all his might in to stop it.

          Chrystina hasn't really changed, although she was way more depressed now. Hayden just wanted her friends to come back to normal. She missed how the all used to be so happy together. The feeling was always so sad. After a battle and seeing those empty chairs at the table with their previous fillers gone.

           Berry has grew maturity, they took their mother's spot for caring for Trent and Chief, feeding them, making sure they don't die. Aiden smiled a lot more, being around his friends made him happy. Although he knew Hayden and Berry the most after messing with them on the bus everyday.

            Sherman was holding onto his personality, he hasn't changed whatsoever. He was and still is a redneck. Almost constantly has a weapon on him, though that was normal now. This Christmas brought a little light to him and made him nicer. It was funny to Hayden she found him a jerk before.

             Kendal seemed so emotionless now, like someone took the sparkle away from her. She cared about everyone in their own way, careful not to piss any of them off and start a brawl. If it wasn't for her, the rest of them would probably be dead.

              Chase seemed to give good advice to those in need. He was like the male version of Kendal. Although the group needed the extra support. They still all love eachother to death.. literally. But it's nice to have a therapist to go to.