Bonus Chapter

Coming home after a long day of work was Briar's favorite thing. Since Azriel was needed somewhere else, Raiden had stayed with Nesta today.

She definitely made a good babysitter, since she had raised a child herself. Dealing with a female version of Cassian hadn't always been fun, so Briar trusted Nesta with her life.

Briar and Azriel were definitely lucky with their child. He had just turned four years old.

Raiden was a very quiet child and easy to deal with. Sometimes he could be very shy too. That obviously didn't stop his parents from loving him.

The river house was quiet as Briar walked through the hallway. Az had taken Rhys with him for a mission.

A few minutes earlier, Briar had stopped by Feyre's art studio in the Rainbow. The High Lady still taught younger Fae how to paint. Many people came to her classes.

Briar had been spending a lot of time with Feyre the last few weeks. She made an amazing friend.

Rhys's office door stood open, so Briar walked inside to drop some papers on his desk.

She had finished all of her work in two days, so that she could spent the rest of the week with her son and help with other things.

Briar turned around and walked out of the room, closing the office door.

"You scared the shit out of me."

Briar turned around and put her hand over her heart, "So did you."

Mor grinned. "I didn't expect anyone to be home." Briar laughed softly.

"I needed to pick up some stuff."

Briar hummed, "Now that you're here, could you winnow me to the House?" she definitely didn't feel like walking up those stairs.

Mor nodded, "Of course. I was just about to go there, I need to pick Emerie up from her training."

Mor winnowed just outside the wards of the House and walked in.

There was no one to be seen inside the House, so they decided to walk to the roof.

Briar walked outside first. It was afternoon, and the sun was already lowering.

Mor stood beside Briar, a soft smile on her face.

Briar stayed there for a bit, looking at Raiden.

He was 'fighting' Cassian with the small wooden sword he had given him on his third birthday.

Briar and Azriel had agreed to wait with real training until he was at least nine years or older. He was still allowed to watch training though.

Cassian fought him with another small wooden sword, careful to not hurt him.

Raiden pushed against Cassian leg, which made him fall dramatically on the ground.

The little boy climbed on top of Cassian and started giggling.

"You won." Cassian said. Briar could see Nesta, Gwyn and Emerie standing on the sidelines, watching the two with grinning faces.

Cassian noticed Briar first and sat on the ground, "Look who's here."

Raiden turned around. His big hazel eyes widened as he noticed his mother. He immediately ran for her.

"Mommy!" he yelled before slamming into Briar and hugging her.

Briar chuckled, "Did you have fun today?"

He shook his head wildly. "I spent some time with Auntie Nes and then Uncle Cass came home and I fought him." he spoke enthusiastically.