Old Times

The next morning, Ava awoke and had to remind herself that last night was not a dream, and she had really seen Opie. The girl got out of bed and put on a simple outfit; jean shorts and an Ozzy Osborne T-shirt. Ava had to admit it was nice not having to hide the ink that adorned her body. The school system is very strict on appearance. Ava descended down the stairs and was met by her all too handsome father. “I need a favor, my love,” her dad says, “ My car needs an oil change, and I was curious if you might take it to Teller-Morrow for me. I’m a regular so they shouldn’t need anything but the cash from you.” Ava couldn’t say no to her dad.

Before she knew it, the young woman was pulling in the parking lot. The only thing she noticed was all of the bikes parked out front. He’s here, she thought to herself. Okay Ava. calm down. You guys are somewhat civil now. Just go in, tell them you need an oil change. The young girl barely made it out of the car when she was attacked with a hug from her favorite woman. “I see you found me,” Gemma says with a smirk on her face. “Of course. How could I forget?” Ava says back with a smile, “My dad sent me to get an oil change. You think you could help me out with that?” “Still as much of a smartass as I can remember baby girl. Yeah, but it’ll be a wait. Got two cars in front of you that need some serious attention. Why don’t you go in the club house and hang out while you wait?” Gemma suggests. Ava nods, thinking of what she has gotten herself into.

“Don’t you think it’s a little early to be drinking already pops?” Ava teases her older friend. “Well hell. If it isn’t Ava Montgomery. Get your ass over here and give me a hug,” Piney tells the young girl who used to be like a daughter to him. The next few hours were spent talking and catching up. All thoughts of Opie were pushed to the back of her head as she sat there talking with Piney and Chibs, two of the men she had grown to know over the years of her father’s involvement with Samcro. As Ava was talking, she hadn’t noticed that both Jax and Opie had joined the horde in the clubhouse and making their way to the young girl seated next to Piney. “Well, you’re the last person I expected to see here, darlin’.” Jax says,”but I’m actually glad you’re here. I’m going to see Able today, and I want you to meet him.” She was taken aback by him saying that, and even though she wanted to tell him no because she didn’t need anything making going back to L.A. any harder than it already was, she smiled and said yes. Jax hugged her and held her for a little longer than he should have, but he knew how hard all of this was on her; her dad and Ope mainly. No matter what, Jax still felt the need to protect her. She was important to him. As Ava and Jax parted, he told her, they’d be ready to go in a bit, so Ava went to go check on the status of her dad’s car. The man she came to know as Juice told her that it was next up, but there was still a little wait time. So, Ava made her way back into the clubhouse expecting to see Jax, but he was nowhere to be found. The only person in the room was the one person she didn’t want to be alone in a room with at the moment. “Where’s Jax?” She asked. “Something happened, said he had something to take care of before going to the hospital. He told me to take you up there,” Opie responds. Shit. Ava thought as the two made their way out to the bikes. They stopped at the one that was all too familiar to her. She’d been on the back of his bike ore times than she could count. “You still remember how to ride on the back of one, or did L.A. change you that much?” Opie says.

=================================================

*I want to start out by saying I am so sorry for the lack of updates. School and work have been hectic here lately. Nonethless, thanks for the votes and reads! Keep them coming! I want to know how I can improve! *